~ 1 ~

Unedited

Unedited

Author's POV:

We can see a boy sleeping on his stomach. With one hand, he is clutching the pillow and hugging it close to his chest, and the other one is under the pillow, which is under his head. The blanket is lying totally on the ground, and his one leg is flying in the air. A lady entered his room and shook her head, looking at him. She went near him and shook his torso. But he turned his face to the other side. She sighed, seeing him, and went to open the curtains at the window. Suddenly, he sat on the bed with a jerk. His face was covered with sweat, and his body was shivering. That lady came running to him and hugged him tightly. while he hid in her arms.

"Shh, calm down, Ajju. Amma is here only," the lady said, caressing his hair.

He looked up at her innocently and asked her, with teary eyes, "Why me, Amma?"

"Everything happens for a reason, Kanna. And your Amma will make everything right," said Janaki.

Arjun nodded his head, kissed her cheeks, and wished her "good morning," making her happy.

"Good morning, Kanna. Now, go and get ready," Janaki said, kissing his forehead.

Arjun nodded his head and left for the washroom. Janaki folded the sheets and set the bed properly. She went to his closet, picked up an outfit for him, and placed it on the bed. She went to her room, sat on the bed, and cried silently. Jai, who entered the room, saw his wife crying silently. He locked the door and went near her, placing his hand on her shoulder. She hugged him tightly and broke down in his arms. He rubbed her back, wiped her tears, and whispered sweet nothings in her ear. She came out of the hug and asked him,

"He will be happy, right?" Janaki asked, looking at her husband.

Jai nodded his head and told her, "He will be," and he kissed her forehead.

---------------------------------------------

Jai and Janaki sat at the dining table, waiting for Arjun. Soon, Arjun came down, greeted both of them, and sat in his chair.

"Good morning, Nanna (father). Good morning, Amma (mother)," said Arjun.

"Good morning, Ajju," Jai and Janaki greeted him back.

"Nanna, today we have a meeting with the village heads of our Mandal who provide goods for us," Arjun said, looking at his father.

"Hmm. What about that deal with the new clients?" asked Jai.

"We have a final meeting next week," Arjun said, serving breakfast on his plate.

Jai was about to speak further when Janaki pinched his hand, making him wince and look at her.