Bonus Chapter

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

It was evening, and Diya was chopping onions to prepare onion and palak pakoras for everyone. Her daughter had been asking her for a week to cook them, but she couldn't because of her busy schedule. She would leave for the hospital after sending her children to school, and then she used to return home around 7 p.m. She is trying to clear her schedule as the whole family is planning a vacation as the winter vacation is going to start for the kids within a few days. Kids are the most excited souls off all, as they could spend time with their cousins.

Diya prepared the batter and put a kadai on the stove. She poured oil into it and switched on the gas. She tasted the batter and added a little salt to it. She was preparing pakoras when a few hot oil drops splattered on her hand. She hissed in pain as the oil was too hot. She bit her lips, as it was hurting a lot, and blinked her eyes to control her tears, but failed.

"Ayyo! How did this happen? You should be careful, right? That's why I asked you that I would prepare them, Diya thalli, but you didn't listen to me," Sitalu (their cook) said, rushing towards her.

Diya pouted and said, "But I wanted to prepare them for everyone."

"See, how red it has become. Wait, I'll get aloevera from the garden. I'll look after these pakoras; you sit here peacefully," said Sitalu.

Diya nodded her head and put her hand under the tap water for a few minutes. She then cleaned it gently with soap and water. Meanwhile, Sitalu put the pakoras on a plate and turned off the gas. She then went to the garden to get aloe vera leaves. Arjun came home and went straight into the kitchen in search of his Cookie. He saw her blowing air with her mouth on her hand.

He rushed towards her and asked, "What happened?"

Diya pulled her hand quickly and said, "Nothing."

Arjun gave her a sarcastic smile and said, "Is it? Then why did you pull your hand away?"

Arjun held her hand and looked at the burned area, which is reddish. He took the aloevera gel that Sitalu gave him and applied it gently to her burn.

"That's why I'm afraid to allow you into the kitchen. You will have a new wound by the time the old one heals," Arjun said, applying the gel while blowing air.

Diya pouted, listening to him. Sitalu smiled, looking at them. She went from there, giving privacy to the couple. After making sure that Sitalu left, he picked her up in his arms, making her squeal.

"My pakoras," said Diya.

Arjun groaned, listening to her. He shook his head at his foodie wife. He made her sit on the kitchen slab, a little far from the stove. He started to prepare pakoras while she sat there blabbering about her day. As it was Saturday, she took a half-day leave so that she could spend time with her babies. As Aryansh and Nithara returned from school, she fed them lunch and put them to sleep. She also took a small nap, as she is tired due to her periods. After her small nap, she decided to cook her children's favourite pakoras. Now she wouldn't be allowed into the kitchen by her family for at least two weeks.