~ 51 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

It's been ten days since Diya returned from the medical camp and two months since both couples got married. Veeru and Taara returned from their one-month-long honeymoon two weeks ago. Diya decided to take a break for some time and stay at home. Though Arjun was not happy with her decision, Jai and Janaki made him understand.

Diya was sitting on the kitchen counter cutting veggies while swaying her legs, and Arjun was preparing corn chaat for them.

Arjun took a spoonful of chaat and fed it to Diya and asked, "How is it?"

"Add some salt and lemon juice," said Diya.

"Okay," said Arjun.

"Do you know this?" asked Diya.

"What?" Arjun said, looking at her.

"Vishal and Vidhi's parents are planning to get them engaged. Kavitha Aunty called me yesterday and asked me to talk with them once," said Diya.

"That's good then. By the way, how did they fall in love? I mean, both of them always fight with each other," asked Arjun.

"I also think about that sometimes. You know, when they came to me and told me that they were in a relationship, I burst out laughing, thinking that they were playing a prank on me. I took me some time to understand the depth of their love," said Diya.

"Did I tell you about this?" asked Arjun.

"About what?" asked Diya.

"When we were in 11th grade, Ajay had a crush on our chemistry lecturer. So, he planned to propose to her. One fine day, she conducted a surprise test for us. Do you know what he wrote in that paper? "Are you made of beryllium, gold, and titanium? You must be because you are BeAuTi-ful. You are the HCl to my NaOH. With our sweet love, we could make an ocean together." Arjun said, smiling.

"What happened next?" asked Diya.

"She wrote, "RaSCAl, you have failed, chemically. (Dear Radium, Sulphur, Carbon, and Aluminum, you failed.) He used to sit on the back bench, but from then on, she made him sit on the front bench and used to ask him questions every day. She had shown that letter to Aunty at the parent meeting, and Aunty made him do all the house chores for a month," Arjun said, laughing.

"Oh God!" Diya said, laughing.

"By the way, don't you have any crushes?" Diya asked, stuffing a spoonful of chaat in her mouth.

"Umm, I had. Did you remember, Cherry?" Arjun asked, looking at Diya.

"Which Cherry?" Diya asked, confused.

"Arey, don't you remember her? The one who used to ask me to give my notes. That girl with two pigtails who used to give me chocolates every day?" asked Arjun. "She used to look cute while blushing."