~ 34 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Arjun and Diya sat on the balcony talking.

"We didn't know that Zaheer Mamu was my mother's cousin until a few years ago. I still remember this, Arjun. It had been more than a month since the deaths of my father and Mamu." Diya said, remembering that day.

"On that day, Nanamma organised a small puja in the names of Nanna and Mamu. That day, Zaheer Mamu's biological brother, Sohel, came to visit us. He cursed Mamu once again, as he had done in the past. He said that we lost my father and uncle since my Nanu and Nani adopted Zaheer Mamu. He said many bad things about my Mamu. But my Amma slapped that man and warned him not to come in front of us again. She said that her brother was not a bad omen but a lucky charm for our family. Zaheer Mamu used to stay aloof after that day. Though everyone tried to make him understand, he was stubborn. Of course, it's not easy to forget it, right? Getting blamed again and again for no mistake of his. And the deaths of Nadia Mami and Azira just worsened the situation. He stopped talking with us. He started indulging himself in his business. He even stopped spending time with Rehan and Sameer. His business grew with time, and so did the distance between him and his family. One day, his brother came again to ask for a share in the business. We came to know that he and his family went bankrupt as they were losing projects continuously. Nanu slapped him and asked him to get out. He said that they would get cursed if they took money earned by a bad omen. Sohel uncle even tried to go to court, but he stopped as my Nanu warned them. Zaheer Mamu at least used to speak a word with us whenever we used to call him, but he completely ignored my mother's presence. The last time he talked with her was eight years ago. My mother stopped going to Nanu's house. Whenever they would request her, she would say that she would come there when it was turned into a complete home for her. Even Nanu and Nani stopped nudging her. Me and Anna used to go and visit them and stay there for a few days." Diya looked at Arjun and said, holding his hands, "I can't thank you and Taara enough. Me and Anna were sad as he refused to come to our weddings."

"You don't need to thank me, Diya. When did you start saying thanks and sorry to me?" Arjun asked her.

"Leave about it. Let's go; everyone must be waiting for us," said Diya.

Arjun nodded his head positively, and both of them moved down. They gave a nervous smile to the youngsters who were looking at them teasingly.

"Where is Anna?" Diya asked, trying to divert them.

"How would we know? He dragged Taara with him like you dragged my brother with you," Arpita said with a mischievous smile.

"By the way, my dear Maridi Garu, since when are you using lipstick?" Yash and Avi asked Arjun and stood on either side of him.

That's when Diya looked at Arjun's lips, and her eyes widened in shock at seeing the lipstick mark on his lips.

"Why would I use that, you stupids?" Arjun said, glaring at them.