~ 28 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

A 15-year-old, Diya, and Azira were decorating the whole house. Well, the occasion was that Ananth and Aadil were going to come home after 14 months. And also, it's Aadil and Nadia's wedding anniversary. Rehan and Sameer (Zaheer and Aasma's sons) were helping them. Ahmed and Razia (Meera's parents), Raman, and Ragini chuckled, looking at all four of them.

"Anna, who is going to pick up Papa and Mamu?" Diya asked Veeru.

"Zaheer Mamu," said Veeru, who was busy studying.

"Anna, help us, na," Diya asked her brother.

"I had pre-finals, Diyu; otherwise, I would have helped you guys," Veeru said, without raising his head from his book.

"Diyu, don't disturb him. If you want any help, then ask me," said Aasma, coming out of the kitchen.

Diya pouted, listening to them.

"I'll call my Jun." Saying that, Diyu went away from there.

Azira chuckled, looking at her.

"Chachu, didn't you go to the station to pick up Dadda and Mamu?" Azira asked Zaheer who was coming down.

"They were not answering my calls. And also, they didn't even message me their train details," Zaheer said, sighing.

"They would come, right?" Azira asked, looking at him with innocent eyes.

"Both of them promised their princesses, right?" Zaheer asked, kneeling in front of Azira.

Azira nodded her head positively.

"Did they ever break their promises?" Zaheer asked her.

Azira nodded her head negatively.

"They will definitely come, okay?" Zaheer said, kissing her forehead.

Azira got busy with the preparations. But she was having mixed feelings, as if something was going to happen. She sighed and tried to divert her mind.

It was in the evening, around 5:30 p.m. Everyone sat in the hall, looking at the door from time to time. There was no call or message from Ananth or Aadil. Ahmed, Zaheer, and Raman even called their subordinates and colleagues, but there was no response from them either.

Azira and Diya were sitting sadly in a corner, and Rehan, Sameer, and Arjun were trying to cheer them up. Avinav and Veeru were preparing for their pre-finals by sitting in Veeru's room. It was exactly 5:50 p.m. when two ambulances stopped in front of the Murty mansion. Zaheer, Ahmed, and Raman went out, only to stumble into their places. Army officers were carrying two coffins wrapped in Indian flags.