~ 6 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Diya was doing rounds in the general ward and was giving instructions to the interns when she heard one family complaining about a doctor.

She went near them and asked, "About whom are you talking?"

They got startled looking at her and thought she would scold them and inform that doctor.

She looked at their faces and said, "I won't say anything. Just tell me what happened. If it is a serious issue, then I'll complain to the authorities about it."

A young girl came forward and said, "Akka, that doctor is misbehaving with the patients, especially with the female patients and nurses. He is acting rude and arrogant. He is taking money from the patients, which is totally not allowed. If we are not paying him, then he is not treating the patients, even if it is an emergency case."

She looked at the sister behind her, who lowered her head.

She sighed in disappointment, looked at the girl, and asked, "Didn't you complain to the senior doctors or the authorities? You guys know, Janaki ma'am, right? You guys should have at least informed her."

"He is saying that; he is the best friend of Arjun Anna's fiancé," said the girl.

"Arjun's fiance?" Diya asked the girl in confusion.

"What is her name? Haa, Chytra mam," said the girl.

Diya gritted her teeth in anger and took a deep breath to compose herself.

"You guys, don't worry; I'll look into the matter. By the way, what is your name, Kanna?" Diya asked the girl.

"Megha," said the girl.

"Your name is beautiful, Megha. By the way, which standard are you studying?" Diya asked, caressing Megha's cheek.

"12th grade," said Megha.

"Good. What are you doing here now? I mean, don't you have your classes?" asked Diya.

"My Amma has not been feeling well for the past two days. But that doctor didn't treat her, as we refused to give him money. He is not even allowing anyone to treat her," Megha said with tears in her eyes.

"Don't cry, Megha. You are your Amma's strong girl, right? Come, I'll check your mother," Diya said, and she started checking Megha's mother. "Oh, my god! She is burning. Sister, bring them immediately," she said, giving the prescription to the sister.

Soon, the nurse brought the medicines, and she gave her an injection. Diya was about to inject when a hand stopped her. Diya glared at that man and slapped him hard, making him stumble. She injected Megha's mother and gave instructions to the nurse.