~ 3 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

The next morning, Diya woke up quickly and freshened up. She moved to the kitchen to make coffee for them. Well, our Dr. Diya only knows how to make coffee and, of course, Maggi. And let me tell you, she prepares the best coffee and different types of Maggi.

She prepared coffee, poured the hot coffee into two cups, and moved towards the guest room. She pushed the door slowly and frowned upon seeing an empty bed. She placed the cups on the table and saw him sleeping on the small couch on the balcony. She settled herself on the floor in front of the couch and sat there, admiring him.

"Aww, he's so cute when he's sleeping. He is sleeping like a baby now. But when he wakes up, he behaves like a monster, with that anger on the tip of his nose. My cute baby monster! Did I just say "my"? But he still didn't accept me in his life. What if he rejects me?"

Fear crept into her heart. Didn't she tell him that she would accept his decision wholeheartedly? Then why this fear? He is just her best friend. Or is he more than that?

Arjun slowly opened his eyes and blinked his eyes twice to adjust to the light. He saw Diya sitting in front of him, lost in her thoughts. He snapped his fingers in front of her, bringing her out of her thoughts. She immediately got up and went away from there. She locked her room door and sat there, leaning her head against the door and hugging her knees close to her chest.

Arjun didn't understand anything. He slowly moved inside and saw the coffee cups placed on the table. He went to the washroom and freshened up. He took the coffee cups and moved to the kitchen. He placed the cups on the counter and searched in the cabinets for something to make for breakfast. He quickly prepared Upma for them and went towards Diya's room. He knocked on her room's door.

Diya was startled by the knock. She wiped off her tears, which left her eyes unknowingly. She opened the door and saw Arjun at the door.

"Umm, I made breakfast for us," Arjun said, looking at her.

"Just a minute, I'll join you," Diya said, avoiding his gaze.

Arjun went from there, served the hot Upma on two plates, and re-heated the coffee. Soon Diya joined him, and both of them had their breakfast quietly.

Soon, they started their journey back to the village. The whole ride was silent; no one spoke a word, and they reached around 2 p.m.

-----------------------------------------

Time flew by, and soon it was evening. Everyone got ready in traditional attire to go to their Kuldevi temple, as the utsav is going to start today and be held for five days.

All the girls got ready in half-sarees, while the boys got ready in kurtas and pants. Diya came outside with a pooja thali in her hands, along with Maya, Arpita, Sravya, Taara, and Siri. Soon everyone reached the temple, and Utsav began after the puja.