~ 42 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Diya and Arjun were returning home. Arjun was driving the car while Diya sat beside him, leaning her head on his shoulder. Arjun interlocked their fingers, making her smile.

"Thank you!" Diya said, pecking his cheeks.

"Why?" Arjun asked her, while concentrating on the driving.

"Just like that," Diya said, opening the windows.

Soon,they reached Murty Mansion. Arjun looked at Diya, who was sleeping peacefully. He parked the car in the garage and shook her slowly. But she turned her face to the other side and slept, making him sigh. He got down and moved to her side. As soon as he opened the door, his eyes fell on the box that she gave him before going to the operation theatre. He thought to take it tomorrow and called Avi.

"Hello! Who the hell is this? Did you look at the time or are you a Vampire to roam at midnight?" Avi yelled as soon as he answered the call.

"Mr. Avinav Krishna, check the caller id before speaking rubbish," said Arjun.

"Why did you call me at this time, idiot? What are you doing instead of enjoying your time with my sister on your first night?" Avi questioned him.

"If your questions are over, then please come down and open the main door," Arjun said, gritting his teeth.

"Okay!" Avi said, making Arjun sigh.

Arjun picked her up in his arms and locked the car. He moved towards the main door and waited for Avi to open it. Soon, Veeru opened the door and gave him a look, while Arjun gave him a sheepish look.

"Go and make her sleep," Veeru said, looking at Diya, who clung to Arjun and was sleeping soundly.

"Bava, if you don't mind. There is a box in the car. Can you go and bring it?" Arjun asked Veeru.

Veeru nodded his head and moved out, while Arjun moved to his room. On the way, he met Avi, who was coming down to open the door.

"Who opened the door?" Avi asked him.

"Veeru Bava." Saying that, Arjun moved to his room while Avi followed him.

Avi unlocked the door and Arjun moved inside. He carefully made Diya sleep on the bed and covered her with the comforter. He kissed her forehead and moved out. He came down and saw Avi and Veeru waiting for him in the living room.

"Are you coming from the hospital?" Veeru asked Arjun.

Arjun looked here and there like a child who was caught by his parents while doing mischief and nodded his head positively, making them sigh.

"Isn't she on leave?" Veeru asked him.

"It might be an emergency, Veeru," said Avi.

"If Amma comes to know about this, then she will start her scolding session," Veeru said, sighing.