~ 57 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Finally, after submitting all evidence and proof and the statements of Arun's mother, Chytra, Sarah, and Sarah's parents, Arjun was proven innocent. Arjun looked at his parents and lowered his head. They went toward him and hugged him tightly. Chytra was taken into custody for defaming Arjun and giving him drugs without his knowledge. Arun and his father, Harishchandra, were also taken into custody, as all proofs were submitted.

"Hello, Harishchandra the Great," his wife, Nanditha, greeted him.

"How dare you? Where did you get the guts to complain against me?" Harishchandra said, gritting his teeth.

"I should have done this long ago. Now that I have gotten a chance. So, I thought to utilise it. After all, I have to repay you for taking care of me like a glass doll for 16 years, right?" Nanditha said sarcastically.

"You! Don't fly high. I'll deal with you after I come out," said Harishchandra.

"Even if you come out but can't do anything, do you know why? I have already given a statement that I and my daughter face a threat from you and your beloved son. So, one scratch on me and my daughter, and you will land in jail again," Nanditha said, smirking. "You made your son a monster like you. Instead of showing him the right path, you made him follow your path. Chi, I'm ashamed of myself for ever being related to you."

"Don't forget that he is your son too," said Harishchandra.

"No. That monster is not my son. He died to me the day he behaved like a monster and was about to molest my daughter. What if I didn't go there at the right time and hit him with a vase on his head? He is just your son. Keep this thing in mind: you and your son mean nothing to me and my daughter and are not related to us in any way. This is just the beginning of your downfall. There is more to come. How will you save that so-called company of yours that you have built by destroying many families? How will you save this so-called prestige of yours that you are so proud of? You and your son will pay for every sin, and that day is not so far. Now, goodbye. I feel disgusted to breathe the same air as you," Nanditha said, with a disgusted face.

Harishchandra gritted his teeth and glared at the retreating figure of his ex-wife.

"This is all happening because of that stupid girl. Didn't I tell you not to trust that girl? See, what happened now?" Harishchandra said, glaring at Arun.

"Then why did you provoke me against Arjun? If you didn't do that, then I would have happily enjoyed my life. You estimated their power wrongly and are blaming me now. Didn't I tell you that we would not go with the drug plan? But you said that then the cases against him will be strong. Now, see what happened?" Arun said, glaring back at his father.

"Wah! What a scene, Prem! The ideal father-son duo is fighting, and that's a rare thing to watch, isn't it?" Ajay said, smiling wickedly.

"Of course, buddy. It's a rare sight to watch them like this," Prem said, smirking.