~ 50 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Zaheer sat in the car, attending to a call, while Arjun and Diya sat there talking.

"How is everyone at home?" asked Diya.

"They are fine," Arjun said with a small smile, lost in his thoughts.

"Arjun, where are you lost?" asked Diya.

"Huh! No where. I was just thinking about something else," said Arjun.

"Do you really want me to believe you?" Diya asked, narrowing her eyes.

"It's nothing, Cookie," said Arjun.

"I thought that we would share everything with each other. But. It's okay," Diya said, turning her face away.

"Fine. I can't win you over," Arjun said, shaking his head in disbelief.

"Hari Thatha met with a small accident a week ago."

Before he could say something, Diya glared at him and said, "Why didn't you tell me before, Arjun? And why didn't anyone tell me about this?"

"It's just a minor accident, Cookie. He is fine now. We know that you will come there, leaving everything behind. That's why Thatha told us not to inform you about that," said Arjun.

"How is he now? Nothing serious has happened, right?" asked Diya.

"Nothing serious. He was returning home from our farms with Gopi Babay (one of their workers) by walk when a bike coming behind them hit them. Thatha fell down. But nothing major has happened. He got a few stitches on his forehead and his right leg had swelled," said Arjun.

"Why didn't you inform me about this, Arjun? How is Thatha now?" asked Diya.

"He is fine now," said Arjun.

"I don't believe you. Wait, I'll call him," Diya said, narrowing her eyes.

"Fine. Do whatever you want," Arjun said, twisting his mouth in annoyance.

Diya called Harinath and started taking his class.

"Hmm. I have forgiven you this time. Tell me, are you taking your meds regularly?" asked Diya.

"When did he take his medicine properly? He nags like a kid to take his medicine," Revathi complained, making Arjun laugh.

"What is this, Thatha? How are you going to recover if you didn't take your medication correctly?" Diya said sternly.

"They taste bitter, Diyu Kanna," said Harinath.

"That's why they are medicines. They won't taste sweet like the sweets you eat secretly with the help of your dear granddaughters," said Revathi.