~ 2 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Arjun and Diya sat there, lost in their thoughts. Diya was thinking about what his decision would be, while Arjun was in a dilemma. They were brought out of their thoughts by a knock on the door.

"Everyone is waiting for you," Maya said, and she walked away.

Arjun and Diya moved down and saw everyone looking at them, hopefully. She gave them a small smile and sat beside Veeru, while Arjun went and sat in between Arpita and Yash. Yash nudged him slowly and raised an eyebrow at him. Everyone looked at him for an answer.

Arjun smiled nervously at them and told them, "I need some time."

He looked at Diya, who blinked her eyes, to which he passed a small smile. Everyone looked at them and sighed. Though they were a bit disappointed, they understood his dilemma.

Everyone got busy with their talks when Diya cleared her throat, gaining their attention.

"I have to attend an important surgery in the evening, so I'll be leaving now," Diya said, looking into her lap and playing with her fingers.

Veeru looked at his sister, amused, as she was not a shy girl. And, for the past week, she seemed to be lost in her thoughts and completely silent, which is not her.

"No problem, Diya. Arjun will drop you off. He told me that he had an important meeting to attend the next day," Arpita said, hiding her grin.

Arjun looked at his sister as if she had grown two horns. Arpita just shrugged her shoulders and sat there as if nothing had happened.

"Okay!" said Arjun.

"I'll change and come," Diya said, and she left for her room.

--------------------------------------------------

Arjun was driving the car. He glanced at Diya, who was sitting silently, which was quite unusual. Diya was sitting beside Arjun, looking outside and enjoying the ride.

"Diya!"

"Yeah!" she said, looking at him.

"Is everything okay?" He asked her, concerned.

"Yes!" said Diya, smiling at him. "By the way, why did you get that doubt?"

"You look dull. And you are sitting silently without saying a word. That's quite unusual, you see," said Arjun.

"I'm really fine, Arjun. I'm just tense about the surgery. It's pretty complicated," Diya said, giving him a small smile.

"Are you sure?" said Arjun, briefly looking at her and then returning his attention to the road. "It's regarding the surgery, but not with my decision, right?"