~ 46 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

The next morning, Diya came out of the bathroom after having a shower. She came out of the closet after getting ready in a saree. She looked at Arjun, who was lying on the bed and playing with Aura.

"Arjun, come on, get up," Diya said, throwing a towel on his face.

"Let me play with Aura some more time, Cookie," said Arjun.

Diya glared at him and looked at Aura, who was licking Arjun's face.

"Aura, go to the garden now," Diya said, looking at Aura.

As if understanding her master, Aura jumped from the bed and moved to the garden, wagging her tail.

"You scared my poor baby," Arjun said, sitting on the bed.

"Think whatever you want. I want you to be ready in fifteen minutes," Diya said, wiping her wet hair with a towel.

Arjun looked at Diya, who was looking at him with her big eyes.

He pouted and said, "You are such a devil, Cookie."

"Are you going or not?" Diya asked him sternly.

"I'm going. Don't give those looks to me," he said, standing on the bed.

"What the hell, Arjun? Get down," Diya yelled at him.

"Potti (shorty) you are looking more Potti (short)," Arjun said, teasing her.

"What did you say?" Diya said, glaring at him.

Arjun jumped from the bed and said, "You are soo cute, my Potti Wifey."

He kissed Diya's cheeks and ran into the bathroom. Diya fumed, listening to him, but soon a smile adorned her face, looking at his antics.

--------------------------------

Arjun and Diya came down after getting ready. Both of them moved to the puja room. They saw elderly ladies doing the preparations for the puja. They greeted them and sat down to do the puja.

Today Diya's mangalsutra is going to be united, which is another sacred ritual in the life of a bride. It is usually performed by the groom or by an elderly member of the family. The two golden discs are united in one common thread, separated by a few black and golden beads, such that the two golden discs don't clash with each other.

The uniting of Mangalsutra depicts the union of two people and two families in a common thread of love.

"Arjun, wear this around her neck," Revathi instructed, handing him the mangalsutra, which was now united.

Arjun took the mangalsutra into his hands and wore the mangalsutra around Diya's neck. He blessed her by showering flower petals on her while Diya took blessings from him. Jai and Janaki blessed Diya and gifted her a new saree and jewelry.