~ 7 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

As soon as Yash stopped the car, Diya ran inside the house. She went to her room and locked the door. She lay down on the bed and burst into tears. Soon, she drifted into sleep because of her continuous crying, while Yash went back to the hospital to attend the meeting.

After the meeting, Janaki called Arjun and told him to come home. Everyone had gathered in the living room and was waiting for Janaki, Yash, Arjun, and Diya. Soon, Arjun, Janaki, and Yash were back from their workplaces. Arpita and Sravya gave them water.

"Is everything okay, Amma? You look distressed," Arpita asked Janaki, looking at her dull face.

Janaki shook her head negatively, leaned her head on Jai's shoulders, and closed her eyes. Arpita looked at Yash and asked him what happened. Yash told them about what happened in the hospital, while Maya told them what happened at the farms.

"I don't understand one thing: isn't she the one who put forth false allegations against Arjun and cancelled their engagement? Now, why is she behind him again? She is the one who approached him at first. Then she broke their relationship by taking a nasty step. Now, when he is trying to move on in his life, she is again trying to get back into his life," said Avinav.

"Now, let's not think about her for a moment, Kittu," said Arpita. She then turned towards Arjun and asked him, "Arjun, forget about our family; forget about Chytra; just forget every damn thing. Tell us, how does your heart feel about this marriage? Are you ready for this relationship? Do you accept Diya wholeheartedly? I'm warning you beforehand that once you make a decision, there's no turning back. So, think wisely and make your decision."

"Whatever Arpita said is right, Arjun. Once you have taken the wrong step in your life, it has almost destroyed your life. Now, think properly and tell us your decision. Yes, you have already made your decision. But at some point, what if you feel that you have made another wrong decision? Now-a-days many people are taking marriage as a joke. But it has significance. It is a sacred union of two souls and a life-long commitment. And it is definitely not going to be a cakewalk. You need to compromise and sacrifice. You have to love, respect, trust, and understand each other. And the most important things in a relationship are commitment and communication. I know you know everything, but it is our responsibility as elders to tell you," explained Revathi.

Arjun sat there, lost in his thoughts. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"I'm ready for this marriage, and I'm telling you this wholeheartedly," Arjun said, looking at everyone.

"Where is Diya?" asked Ragini.

"She went to her room directly after coming from the hospital and didn't come out of her room till now," said Radha.

"I'll go and check on her," said Arjun, and he went to Yash's house.

-------------------------------------