~ 23 ~

Author's POV:

Author's POV:

Diya looked around and asked Siri, who was watching Korean dramas, "Where is your brother?"

"Which brother? Nandu Anna, Vicky, or your soon-to-be husband?" Siri asked, giving her a mischievous smile.

"Your elder brother," Diya said with a tight-lipped smile.

"He went to the farm," she said, continuing her work.

"Okay, then! Come, we will go," Diya said, dragging Siri with her.

"Vadina, I have lots of work to do," Siri said, whining.

"Yeah! I can see that," Diya said, rolling her eyes.

"I have to take a nap before the Mehendi function starts," Siri said, pouting.

Yes, today is Maya's mehendi function.

"Oh! Come on, Goldy. It is in the evening. So, there is a lot of time. Now come, let's go and visit your brother," Diya said, dragging Siri with her.

"Where are you guys going?" Arpita asked them.

"To meet your brother," Diya said, giggling.

"Atta, we will alsho (also) come," said Varsha and Vansh.

"Chalo, let's go then," Diya said, picking up Vansh in his arms while Siri picked up Varsha in her arms.

"Byee, Amma," Vansh and Varsha said, waving at Arpita.

"Come soon," said Arpita.

Diya, Siri, Vansh, and Varsha reached the farms and saw Arjun talking with the workers. But they scowled, looking at the scene in front of them. Chytra came out of nowhere and hugged Arjun from behind, making him startle. Diya's anger reached its peak, looking at them.

She went towards them, pulled Chytra away from him, and slapped her hard, making her stumble.

"Don't you have any shame for hitting on a man who is engaged? How many times does he have to tell you that he doesn't love you? Can't you understand in simple words?" Diya asked her furiously.

"How dare you slap me, you bitch?" Chytra said, glaring at Diya.

"How dare you badmouth my love?" Arjun yelled at her, making her shiver.

Diya interwound his hands to calm him down, as Varsha and Vansh were shivering looking at them.

"Jun, calm down. See, how kiddos were getting afraid?" Diya said, drawing patterns on his palm.

Arjun looked at Vansh and Varsha, who hugged Siri's legs from either side and hid their faces. Arjun gestured to one of the workers to take them from there.