~ 17 ~

This chapter is dedicated to keshavi07

Author's POV:

It's the 21st anniversary of the Medicare group of hospitals. The 18-year-old Arjun was talking with Ajay and Prem, who were sitting in the front seats of the auditorium. He looked around, and his eyes fell on a girl who was talking with someone. She was lean and tall, with short hair that reached her shoulders. He tried to look at her face but couldn't, as her back was facing him.

Ajay and Prem looked at their friend, who was lost somewhere. They followed his gaze and saw him looking at a girl. They looked at each other and smiled mischievously.

"Is she beautiful?" Ajay whispered in Arjun's ears.

"I'm not sure, man; I cannot see her face," Arjun said in a daze.

"Then go near her," said Prem.

"Nice idea," Arjun said, grinning.

"By the way, are you planning to make her your girlfriend?" Ajay asked him.

"Let her be my friend first," Arjun said, trying to look at the girl's face.

"Oh! You have a plan already," said Prem.

"There must be a plan before we do anything, right?" said Arjun.

"Not bad, not bad," Ajay and Prem sang.

Arjun came out of his dreamland and saw his best friends looking at him mischievously.

Arjun shut his eyes and thought in his mind, "I'm gone now."

Ajay and Prem cleared their throats as they saw that girl approaching them.

She stood in front of them and greeted Arjun, "Hi Bava."

Arjun opened his eyes. She was the same girl he had been looking at earlier.

"Sorry, I didn't recognise you," said Arjun.

"No problem; we met once or twice when we were kids. By the way, I'm Chytra. Did you remember at least now?" She asked him.

"Kishore Mavayya's daughter?" Arjun asked, unsure.

"Thank God! You remember," she said, smiling at him.

Our Arjun got lost in her smile. Ajay, who was sitting beside Arjun, pinched his hand, making him wince.

Arjun glared at him and asked Chytra, "What are you doing here?"