Joel likes life, also angry gremlins

Joel, personally, liked to be alive.

He never exactly hoped to be "unalived" when he was younger, and so when everyone else put farmers and miners as their future career in kindergarten, Joel had chosen the steady option of "Life" as his career path. The other kids had laughed, but it was a very sensible option.

So that's why when two loud, noisy children came bursting through his kingdom, one of them immediately threatening to "un-alive" Joel, he had the sensibility to ignore them and go on with his day.

As the Mezealean King slowly closed his colorful drawbridge, he snorted out loud. His citizens would never act like that. Of course, his citizens were all himself, but that was a good thing.

A great thing, actually. You couldn't expect a citizen to act out if that citizen was you. Fail proof logic, really.

Suddenly, the children reappeared, this time the shorter one with the scars all over his face in the lead. He stopped cautiously outside the gates, like he was waiting for Joel.

The King groaned. He didn't want to have to deal with this today.

Joel stepped on the tip of the draw-bridge, which was slightly elevated, which gave him a feeling of dominance.

"Listen," He called out to the children. "If Sausage sent you, if he's doing child assassins now, can you politely tell him to leave me alone before I shove a horse head up a place it's not supposed to be?"

The blonde boy, the angry, noisy one, frowned.

"Are we supposed to guess where that is? Because it's pretty obvious."

Joel sighed exasperatedly. "This is a family friendly channel."

The scar boy stepped forward.