War of the Ultimates

Byakuya POV

"Come on, Shu-shu, darling, say, Sonia." the princess said. She's really trying to get Shuichi to say her name. Everyone wants to be Shuichi's next word, the males are just doing a better job at hiding it.

Shuichi hugged Maki, speaking gibberish as he did so. We noticed a while ago that Shuichi was pretty small, a good few centimetres shorter than Maki, but no one really cared, we loved him all the same.

"Aww... they're like me and Komaru when we were younger," Makoto said nostalgically. "Only now, the sister is older than the brother."

"I wonder what our babies will be like." Kyoko mused, leaning on Makoto's shoulders. Makoto flushed a deep red. Hah, you'll never see me looking like that.

"Speaking of Komaru!" Makoto quickly changed the subject. "Where is she? She's late. It would be a shame if she came while Shuichi and Maki and sleeping."

"Don't worry, Kyoko," Nagito said. "I'm sure your kids will be amazing people. After all, they're going to be the children of the Ultimate Hope... their souls will oh so very hopeful."

"O... nee... a" broken words came from the blueberry child (that's the nickname Hiyoko gave him. Still now sure if that's an insult or a compliment). Sonia beamed.

"Yes! That's it darling. Sonia; So-nee-ah." Sonia encouraged enthusiastically, playing with Shuichi in her arms. "Isn't Shuichi wonderful? He's so smart. He'll be an amazing Ultimate Prince."

"You mean, Ultimate Heir." I corrected her, raising an eyebrow, daring her to argue against me. "He's my son, after all."

"Do not be absurd!" Gundam said. "Apologies my princess, but this young boy will become my apprentice. I will raise him to be a god!" 

"A-actually..." Mikan whispered quietly. "I was hoping to teach him a few things myself."

Princess Sonia let out a defying "Hmph!" as she turned her head away from us.

Luckily someone stopped the arguing before it got out of hand.

"How about this!" Nekomaru boomed. "We teach both of these guys all of our talents! When they're older of course."

Then the little chaotic gremlin cut in. "That changes nothing! They're still gonna fight!" she said. "Because now, it's going to be a matter of whose Ultimate Talent they want to pursue."

She was right and everyone knew it. The door then opened loudly.

"I'm here! WHERE ARE THE BABIES." Komaru yelled.

"Not so loud, Komaru! You might make them cry!" Toko warned. Komaru made it to the living area, squealing as she laid eyes on the youngsters.

"AHH! They're so cute!" Komaru squealed. "This one's adorable though, what's her name?" she asked picking up Shuichi from the floor, giving Maki a little head rub. An awkward silence filled the room.

"What? Did I say something?" Komaru asked.

"So... who's gonna tell her-"

"Shuichi's a boy, dipshit!" Fuyuhiko blurted out. Komaru paled.

"I'm so sorry, baby! But you can't blame me, your face is so feminine!" she defended herself.

"'Ipshit!" Maki said, pointing at Komaru. Eyes turned to Fuyuhiko, other eyes turned to Nagito.

"FUYUHIKO! YOU ARE A HORRIBLE INFLUENCE!" Nagito shouted, desperately trying to lower his voice and failing. Hajime was holding him by the arms, trying to keep him seated down. Guess being a parent really does change people. Regular Nagito would never dare to speak up against us "Superior Ultimates". "Maki first few words were all influenced by you! Shit, dipshit. Don't corrupt my child you... you heathen!"