Mission: Sneak to The Pod Room

Enjoy this sad photo I found. I love angst.

Rantaro was quiet, contemplating to himself. His brain was engaging in an internal war. The green-haired boy had lived his entire life idolizing the Future Foundation and their heroic deeds, but the things he saw in that virtual reality were anything but heroic. 

It was evident that Junko's AI was in that simulation, which meant Shuichi, Maki and Kiibo were in even more danger. Which Hajime was just joyous about. Yeah, his precious daughter and nephew were slowly dying inside a VR simulator, why not throw JUNKO FUCKING ENOSHIMA INTO THE MIX.

Kaito was furious. Everything inside that other dimension was horrifying to watch. He saw his friends... suffering, at such a young age too. It was also heavily implied that the Future Foundation were at fault. The boy knew that Junko could be lying, but his gut feeling didn't agree. And he trusts his gut feeling.

Everyone else just watched them. Kaito and Rantaro's serious faces were weird to look at; Kaito's was all scrunched up and looked kind of ugly, but it was clear that he was thinking hard; Rantaro just stared at a really blank wall, looking a little bit like a doofus.

Things were already pretty bad as it is. Tsumugi was nowhere to be found and Kokichi's lost his mind. The students thought: "What could possibly make our situation worst?"

"What do we do?" Kaede asked.

"I don't know!" Tenko shouted angrily. "Those degenerates won't tell us what they saw. They haven't said a thing since they came back."

"Yeah..." Ryoma agreed. "For some reason, everyone was taken out of the simulation early. It must have something to do with that."

"WHAT DID THEY SEE?!" Miu yelled in exasperation. Everyone else had the same question. All they knew was that Kaito and Rantaro were thrown into the room by a furious Hajime Hinata, that was it.

Suddenly...

Click!

As everyone was looking around, trying to find out where the sound came from, Gonta spoke up, shouting fearfully.

"Friends! The door not opening!"

"HUH?!"

Everyone collectively tried to force the door open, but the locks wouldn't budge.

"WE'RE TRAPPED!" Angie cried. Her memories still being all jumbled up, her faith in her god had wavered, enough for her to panic easily. Himiko started to hyperventilate.

"What do we do?!" Kirumi asked. "We don't have our phones yet so we can't call anyone!"

The room didn't have much; 16 beds, a couch, a table, a minifridge and a TV. Not much to survive with.

Then, the TV switched on. And it showed exactly what Kaito and Rantaro saw many minutes prior. Everyone stared, their eyes on the screen, unable to pull away. They watched what was the horrifying pasts of their friends. 

As the video ended, the sounds continued to play; an endless, echo-ey loop of Kiibo's agonizing screams of terror, a young Maki's pained grunts, and a young Shuichi's despairful cries.

Once the screen once again turned black, everyone turned to look at Kaito and Rantaro, who hung their heads low. Himiko started crying.

"Shuichi... and Maki... Kiibo..." 

"But... they're such good people... Why?!"

"Kiibo was... human...?"

"Kirumi... is something wrong...?"