Destiny Is A Path We Forge

Shuichi was bored. He was back at home, back in his room, but he was still bored. Books and literature were suddenly boring to him and it almost seemed that there was just nothing more this world could offer him. Shuichi wondered to himself if this was what Izuru had felt his entire life. 

Shuichi moved to the floor, lying down and putting his legs and feet on the wall until he was in a flipped L position. He started singing to himself.

"Your screams will be their music~

You will drown in tears~!

The looking glass will be the key~

Remember it, my heir~

This world is dangerous but divine~

Do not yield, you must survive~

Fate and destiny, you shall redesign~"

It then clicked into his head. The looking glass... THE LOOKING GLASS.

Shuichi immediately dug around his room for the Monokuma plushie and the mirror; the two things that his mother had left him. He then rushed to his father's office, but just before he entered it, he skidded to a halt and knocked politely.

"Dad? Can I come in?" he asked.

"Of course you can." came a quick reply. Shuichi invited himself into the room. As he did, Byakuya looked up from the computer. He looked down.

"I see that... thing is still will you." the blonde man said. Shuichi nodded with a smile.

"It's not a 'thing'. It's my friend. I've named it Hanoshin!" Shuichi said proudly. "Isn't it cute?"

The slime on his shoulder (Hanoshin had shrunk itself so that it could fit) wiggled happily at the sound of its new name. Byakuya gave a small smile.

"So did you want to talk about something?" he asked.

"Oh yeah!" Shuichi said. "I wanted to ask, how did you find me?"

Byakuya looked confused.

"I mean," Shuichi elaborated. "What time did you find me? What around me? Was there anything weird lying around when you found me?"

"Let me think..." Byakuya responded. "It was night time and the moon was high, it wasn't raining. That's all really. There wasn't anything suspicious. It was just you and your little basket."

That wasn't much to go on. Nevertheless, the boy nodded, thanked his father and ran away, his slime companion hopping after him. He went back into his room and took out the Monokuma plushie, inspecting and fumbling around with it.

"There has to be a clue here somewhere..." he muttered quietly. A shrill noise started playing as Shuichi pressed his thumb on Monokuma's belly button. It stop abruptly because Shuichi quickly retracted his hand in fear. But after calming himself down, Shuichi placed his thumb over the belly button again. The sound played for a while before a slip of paper fell out from under Monokuma.

"Ewww!" Shuichi whisper-shouted. "Hanoshin! 'Kuma pooped!"

Shuichi unfolded the paper. It read: "Put the mirror under moonlight."

That was all Shuichi needed to know. To prepare for the long hours of waiting that would be required for the moon to reach a certain point, Shuichi secretly drank two cups of coffee during dinner. He still needed to wait until night though, and he was ever so bored, so he went to the most interesting person he knew; Kokichi Ouma. But before he entered through Kokichi's window, he sucked Hanoshin back into his body for safekeeping.