Clarification

This isn't a chapter but I think it's pretty important to the story.

In the previous chapter, I wrote that Tsumugi wasn't brainwashed but something was interfering with her brain. I just want to elaborate on that.

Junko's AI is thriving within virtual reality and has gotten more powerful as time passed. Now she's gotten bored and wants to go back into the real world, or the outside world.

When the V3 cast were sent into the simulation, Junko was able to access their brains/memories. She then chose Tsumugi to be her puppet because she knew that Tsumugi would be easy to manipulate. But she couldn't.

Tsumugi is human, so it would be too hard for Junko to try to take complete control over her, even harder if Tsumugi would try to fight it. It would be a lot easier if Tsumugi had some sort of chip in her brain, but she doesn't. If Junko tried to take over Tsumugi immediately, Tsumugi might fight it and warn the rest, which would risk exposing herself too early.

Shuichi is very different. Junko created Shuichi and modified him to her will, Shuichi does have little pieces of technology in his brain. One of the main reasons Shuichi was made in the first place was so that Junko could use his body as a vessel and stay undercover for as long as she needed to. 

It's also why she used Byakuya's DNA/sperm, thus making him the father. It was a win-win for Junko. She knew that she could cause the Ultimates much more despair if she took over someone they cared about. But if they threw him away and cause Shuichi instead, she would be able to convince him to join her and make her a body.

(In the story, she chose to take control over him so that she could feel the despair of killing her own son. In Junko's eyes, killing a sister and killing a son are very different. A sister is someone whom you are born with; a son, is something you make, another part of you, an extension.

Junko wanted to inflict more despair, so during the killing game, she chose Tsumugi as the "mastermind". She basically sent waves to mess around with Tsumugi's brain, making her feel spite and hate to trick her into thinking that she wanted the killing game.

(The bold doesn't mean anything, it's just emphasis. No hidden messages here)

Just wanted to clarify