Let Go of The Past

A.N: This was rewritten so a bit more was added

"He's awake!" Mikan shouted as loud as she could, which wasn't very loud. Nevertheless, the conveyed her message.

"Shu-shu's awake?"

"He's awake!"

"That's good."

"Shuichi..."

The Future Foundation had managed to get Shuichi out of the VR machine. Problem was, it took an entire week of non-stop work to clear out the ice (those jagged shards of mass condensed water vapour were incredibly tough), and one more week to get the sleeping boy out. In addition to that, Shuichi slept soundly in a hospital bed, closely monitored by the Ultimates, for 3 whole days.

When Junko electrocuted Shuichi, Shuichi's automatic reaction to the immense pain was to send a huge blast of jagged ice as a defence mechanism. The ice would then stall for time while she downloaded her AI into her son's brain. Once Shuichi becomes her puppet, she would be able to easily kill all of the FF members, including the children, and use Shuichi's influence as the Ultimate God to her will, whatever that may be.

Meanwhile, the younger Ultimates were stuck in their little room, yelling through the one-way mirror.

"LET US OUT!" Kaito yelled. His rage overcame all rational thoughts and he punched the wall angrily and banged on the glass. "WE NEED TO SEE HIM!"

Maki and Kiibo stood, leaning against opposite walls, silent. They only stared at each other, communicating telepathically.

"Let us see Shuichi!" Kaede shouted. "Please! Let us see if he's ok!"

"YOU CAN'T LOCK US UP IN HERE FOREVER!" Tenko cried.

"Let us see Shuichi!" Himiko yelled. 

They continued to shout. Soon, a very agitated Byakuya Togami appeared as the metal doors clanked open.

"Will you all be QUIET?!"

Everyone immediately hushed up. This was Byakuya Togami, and apparently, Shuichi was Shuichi Togami. It's common knowledge throughout Japan—don't fuck with a Togami.

"Shuichi... is unstable... You CANNOT... visit him..." Byakuya said, saying each word slowly as if speaking to a bunch of kindergarteners. His posture remained perfect and straight, but his face and tone of voice were different. He was clearly pissed and from his eyebags, he didn't seem to have any sleep earlier.

"Wait!" Kaito said as Byakuya turned to leave. "You're Shuichi's... dad..."

"They do not look or act alike AT ALL" Kokichi whispered to Kiibo, who nodded quietly in response.

"Yes... I am." Byakuya said. Before Kaito could say anything, Byakuya held up a finger, effectively stopping him. The Ultimate Affluent Progeny walked up to the Ultimate Astronaut, putting a hand on his shoulder and leaning down. Kaito thought that he would say something nice, but that belief was quickly debunked when Byakuya's grip suddenly tightened to a point where Kaito's shoulder hurt.

"If you think I'm going to hand over my precious son's hand in marriage to you just because you helped him with his anxieties during the killing game..." Byakuya said darkly, his eyes twitching. The other students, froze as they listened (Kokichi particularly). "You better think twice. Stay away from my son, peasant."

Byakuya then briskly left, leaving Kaito, who was now devoid of colour.

"HE'S DEAD!"

"Good, one less degenerate to deal with."