The Despair of a Parent

Byakuya wasn't doing well. Actually, that would be an understatement. The Ultimate Affluent  Progeny was doing horribly. Consumed by the despair of losing his son, it was honestly a miracle he didn't go berserk on his friends, that is, if he even considered them friends anymore.

Byakuya loved his son more than anything else in the world, even more than his beloved company. Shuichi had brought out a side of him that no one even knew existed. Shuichi was the brightest light in Byakuya's life, but now that light was gone. 

The man was rational but still furious and frustrated. Just because he understood why they did it doesn't mean he agrees with them. 

The loss of the two children, especially Shuichi's, took its toll on everyone. Everyone loved them. And it pained them to send them away. All shed tears.

Everyone wanted desperately to find them and bring them back home, but the workers of the Future Foundation would never let them. Those poor children were feared and hated for something they couldn't even control.

Kyoko and Makoto blamed themselves. Byakuya blamed them too. Kyoko refrained from any sexual activity. She feared that her child would become trapped by destiny just as Shuichi and Maki were. Makoto feared the same for Japan.

Hajime didn't talk to anyone for days. Nagito was his usual crazy self, talking about how they had to go in order for hope to flourish. Despite his words though, the man cried in his room alone for weeks. His husband barely managed to save him from suicide. He now spends his days in his house, praying for his daughter's safety, insanity swirling in his eyes as he did so.

Sonia didn't cry, but it was obvious that she wanted to. She went on about how royals didn't cry. But when Fuyuhiko asked if that was what she taught Shuichi, she fell silent. The queen soon returned to her kingdom to rule it. 

Byakuya drowned himself in his work, hardly speaking to anyone. The man survived on sheer determination and coffee. His personality became even worse than before. In business meetings, he would be calm and collective, but at home, the man was a ticking time bomb. One moment he could be drinking tea, the next the teacup would be in pieces and someone's head would be bleeding.

It eventually became so bad that Byakuya bought another mansion of his own so that he would no longer hurt the people that considered him family. 

Unlike the rest, Byakuya's mental issues were going to be a lot harder to fix. The thing about Byakuya Togami was that he refused to see a therapist. A Togami such as him would never tell his secrets to some random guy.

The loss of Shuichi and Maki truly made a huge hole in the group. A hole that would take a while to fix.