Mysterious Goddess

Everyone in the Research Division of the Future Foundation had been fired and some were even jailed. A while after Shuichi's disappearance and Maki's escape. Byakuya found the security footage.

And boy...

He was FURIOUS.

The other Ultimates didn't take it well either, especially not Sonia, Nagito and Hajime. Izuru went on a rampage and it took days to calm him down. Even worse, Nagito kept on manipulating/seducing Izuru to kill the ones who had hurt their daughter. And the Ultimates barely managed to stop Sonia from declaring war.

As much as everyone wanted to hunt those insane assholes down and make them suffer, they couldn't (because of law and order and other complications). Even the normally-calm Makoto wanted them dead.

They were all forced the accept the truth. Maki had run away and from the glare she gave her parents before she ran, she didn't want anything to do with them and Shuichi was sent away to Britain as a child experiment to god knows where.

Hopes Peak was doing well though. Despite the lack of students, the school didn't drop its standards. Hopes Peak Academy was built for the best and the best only. The distrust within the Reserve Course Department was quickly solved with Makoto's help.

Other than regular disciplinary rules, new rules were also added. At any time, anyone can challenge a scouted Ultimate. Whoever wins gets the ultimate title. This rule opened up a whole new path for everyone. If anyone won in a talent duel with an Ultimate, they would be able to take their place and forge their path to success. Other Ultimates can also recommend others to be future Ultimates, if the selected candidate passes the test, they will be allowed into Hopes Peak as a "Recommended Ultimate". For more popular students, such as celebrities and prodigies, the more famous ones will be allowed into Hopes Peak as a "Prominent Ultimate". The rest are just called "Regular Ultimates".

Despite the lack of students, Hopes Peak didn't just let anyone in. They let in only the best, resulting in not a lot of students, but everyone was positive that the school would soon be filled with people with all kinds of unique talents and personalities. Some of the less-busy Ultimates became teachers and soon began teaching the first few groups of Ultimates.

Soon, people started calling the survivors of the killing games the OUs, which stood for the Original Ultimates.

. . .

It was a regular afternoon as Byakuya Togami went to a nearby coffee shop for his 3rd cup of coffee. Because of his reputation, he had to wear his usual disguise, which was what he called "commoner wear" with an additional wig, baseball cap and sunglasses. (avengers disguise but with a wig)

As the man waited for his drink, he took off his cap and couldn't help but think back on the son that he had dearly loved. He remembered when the curious baby put the cap on. It was way too big for him and covered his eyes, so whenever he put it on he would always act surprised, pursing his mouth into a little "o", because he couldn't see. Byakuya had a bunch of similar hats that were a bit more stylish in his opinion but Shuichi became really attached to the plainest one of all. Whenever someone would try to take it away from him, he would pout and grip the hat tightly between his tiny hands. And who could ever say no to those eyes and cheeks?