First Talents

Sonia POV

"Happy Birthday, my darling!" I shouted excitedly as I clapped my hands. A few days prior to little Shu-shu's birthday, I took him on a little visit to my kingdom, Novoselic. Just as I expected, my kingdom fell "head over heels" for him. Everyone was delighted to hear that he might be a future heir. Of course, that's for little Shuichi to decide, I would never force anything onto him. Today we'll be going back to what everyone else calls "The Ultimate Mansion" for Shuichi's surprise birthday party. Byakuya didn't want anything too big so it'll just be us Ultimates there with Maki.

I've taught him a few simple royal rules; how to walk elegantly; how to talk politely; I've also shown him a few Novoselic traditions and I've given him a few Novoselic books to read. He definitely gets his love for books from Byakuya. Shuichi personally prefers to have long hair, so I've had my hairstylists tie his hair up into a stylish ponytail for him.

. . .

As we near the Ultimate Mansion, I covered Shuichi's eyes with my hands and lead him inside.

"Don't worry darling, trust in Sister Sonia." I reassured as he whined. When we entered the house, I let go of him and a bunch of party poppers went off, sending colourful bits of confetti flying everywhere. Shuichi stared in wonder, his mouth shaped like a little "o". He's so cute!

"Happy 3rd birthday Shuichi!" everyone shouted. Even Byakuya was openly smiling. Shuichi really has changed him.

"Daddy!" Shuichi yelled joyfully, running and jumping into his father's arms. "Onee-Chan!" He addressed Maki.

"Happy birthday," she said, smiling lightly. Shuichi jumped off his father's arms and gave Maki a tight hug to which she returned.

"Come on Shuichi, you still have to open your gifts!" Makoto said excitedly. "I really hope he likes mine." he muttered to his wife. Kyoko reassured him, giving him a light peck on the cheek.

"Come on, I wanna eat the cake first!" Hiyoko said.

"Fine, we shall bring out the cake. But the young god must get the first slice." Gundam said. Mikan had already given up on pressing the fact that Shuichi wasn't a god. Soon, Nekomaru came in holding the cake, Teruteru walking beside him. Both of them were wearing little party hats.

The cake truly was extravagant. It was a luxurious-looking triple-decker chocolate cake with edible gold details and cream. Golden roses, chocolate chips and cookies decorated the cake magnificently and the cake was covered in a chocolate sauce.

"Damn! That looks amazing!" Akane drooled.

"You really outdid yourself, Byakuya," Makoto said, looking at the cake, wonder in his eyes. Byakuya smirked in return. As everyone admired the cake, I notice Byakuya leaving for a short while. I followed him.

Byakuya went into a separate room and I lost him for a second. When I found him again, he was looking at a sheet of paper, but he looked absolutely terrified. His face was white and he was trembling a little. He was also pinching his nose, thinking to himself.

"Byakuya?" I asked. He jumped from where he was standing, spinning around quickly.

"A-ah, Princess Sonia. Is something the matter?" he asked.

"I should be asking you that. Is everything ok?" I asked him back. Byakuya quickly scrunched up the paper and balled it in his fist.

"Everything is alright, Princess," he reassured. "Nothing for you to worry about. Come, let's go celebrate Shuichi's birthday with him. We can see what you taught him." I nod in agreement.