The Final Reset [Ryoko Otanashi Arc Part 2]

Shuichi pattered across the floor and he wrapped his arms around Sakido's waist. Sakido, after quickly recovering from the surprise, smiled. He turned around and patted Shuichi's head lovingly.

"Qiqi!" Sakido said, shock in his usually calm voice. "Wow, have you solved the case already? It's not even time for lunch yet."

Shuichi hummed happily, nuzzling against Sakido's warm touch.

"Come, let's go get lunch. Once we're finished eating, we can go outside and check out that new amusement park."

Shuichi's topaz eyes lit up happily and he nodded enthusiastically before scampering off to get his things. Sakido smiled happily as went to grab his phone and wallet. Money was no longer an issue anymore, and both males were able to live their lives carefree and happy.

Sakido drove his white tesla while Shuichi sat on the passenger seat. As Sakido drove, Shuichi put on earphones and silently bobbed his head with the music with a happy little smile on his face. 

After quite a while, the two stopped in front of an Italian restaurant; one of Sakido's favourite restaurants. Shuichi hopped out of the car, stashing his headphones neatly in his bag, chanting joyously: "Spaghetti. Spaghetti. Spaghetti". Sakido laughed at his son's antics.

"Ok ok, we'll get you your spaghetti bolognese." he chuckled as he purposely messed up Shuichi's hair, much to the boy's frustration. "Qiqi, tell me, can you remember the name of this restaurant?" Sakido asked after the two entered the restaurant. Shuichi scrunched up his face, then shook his head quickly. Sakido patted his head again. "It's ok Qiqi."

Sakido watched Shuichi worriedly as Shuichi happily munched on his food, but when Shuichi looked up in confusion, he quickly averted his eyes and shoved a spoonful of hot risotto into his mouth. He quickly swallowed as the hot rice burned his tongue, gratefully taking the ice-cold lemon water that Shuichi offered him.

"Ack- E-everything's fine Qiqi. No need to worry." he reassured the boy after gulping down the glass and catching his breath. "Sssss, that hurt..." he muttered to himself as he blew air on his tongue.

He continued to observe Shuichi. It's been almost 1 year since Sakido met Shuichi (it was actually 7 months,14 days, 572 minutes and 29 minutes but HEY WHO'S COUNTING?). During that time, Sakido noticed a few things that could possibly relate to Shuichi's past life. How he walked, talked (actually, now that he thought about it, Shuichi didn't really talk much). How he would always wipe his mouth after a few dainty bites. The way he presented himself seemed to represent that from a prestigious family. But if Shuichi really was from a well-off family, why wasn't anyone looking for him? Sakido shoved these thoughts away, selfishly.

After eating, Sakido led Shuichi, who still hadn't gotten rid of that nasty habit of wandering off, to the amusement park, which was only a short walk away. Sakido had to admit, for a new park, it was pretty prosperous. There were all sorts of rides, different rollercoasters, food and drink stalls, game stalls and a bunch of people were there, each and every one of them having fun. This amusement park was also connected to the beach, so after a few rides, Sakido planned to take a small break there.

As Sakido oohed and ahhed at the multiple attractions, he soon realized that there was no longer anyone holding his hand. He immediately panicked and ran here and there like a madman, retracing his steps. He soon found Shuichi talking with a teenage girl with dark brown hair and sharp red eyes.

"Qiqi! Don't run off," Sakido said. He was a little angry, but he was happy that Shuichi wasn't hurt. He wasn't getting good vibes from this girl, who was intensely glaring at him. 

"Where am I...?" Shuichi asked quietly.

"We're at the amusement park Shuichi," Sakido explained patiently. "I'm Sakido, your dad. Come on now, let's go try a few of the rides. Try not to wander off, ok?"