14. Now we have a wolfcat

note: I didn't edit this so bear with the errors! Thanks.

I would love to dedicate this story but I can't find the dedication button, did they remove it? What a bummer.!?

Summer Xavier

We've been travelling for two days and one night in the road, we didn't talk much, the silence was unbearable I almost cringe in silence. It would be good if someone broke our awkwardness but what do we have here? Raven who doesn't talk at all, he would prefer to just stare and gape at us as if understanding and feeling the tension Hunter and I had while Threetail keep howling. We reached the forest almost afternoon. We followed the path trail and stop when a old carriage blocked our way. I mounted the horse and walk closer to see what's wrong, Hunters followed behind.

'Excuse me.' I said and a blonde girl peek out in front of the carriage.... 'Sorry, the horse doesn't move... I think somethings wrong with them.' she says and smiled.

'Anna who are you talking to?' a male voice ask

'Some traveler, I think were blocking their way.' I heard her say.

'Ah.. you are indeed blocking our way.. Will you move out of the way?!' I snapped. Not really in the mood to be all happy especially seeing that girl smile.

The girl went out of the carriage while clutching the hem of her skirt, she walk closer to us still smiling, her eyes on me then to Hunter, her eyes glint when she turned to him. Threetail hide at the back of the tree, some people that we cross path with shriek in fear when they saw him. 'I'm so sorry about blocking your way.' she says in Hunters direction and not on me. I almost snarl.

'Summer let's just walk around in the woods.' he said ignoring the girl which made me smirk at the girl and I almost hiss in her. He rode the horse and I did the same too as we enter the forest the girl tried to stop us by almost grabbing the reign of my horse. 'Move!' I said deadly to her, you can almost taste the venom in that one word. She back away scared.

'That was rude.' he says suddenly, me following behind.

'What?!' I snap 'It's not my fault, if she didn't stare at you like she wanted to-' I stop. I almost voice out what I'm thinking.

'Like what?' He ask looking back at me, a grin was about to broke in his lips.

'Nothing.' I snap.

I heard him chuckled and continued our way still not talking but the atmosphere was no longer heavy and tense, the awkwardness was still there but it's bearable.

We reached the peak of the road and few yards away is the town or a village I think, a small one. 'Hey, Threetail...can you hide yourself first or stay here? If this place is a town full of human, they might not let us enter if they see you.' Hunter said to the beast.

The beast whined and nudge his nose to my legs and keep whining. 'If only you were a little small, we can tell them that your a wolf breeded to a cat.' I said and snort absorbing what I just said, man... that was fuck up! Who would want to be like that anyway?

'Awoo?' Threetail said then suddenly his form started to shift... No shrink into a dog size, his three tails fused together like mallows, canines shrinking too, his ears perk up like a wolf and tail wagging like a dog then he purred like a cat.

'Now we have a wolfcat. This solve our problem.' I said and made a couple of stride to enter the town. I heard Hunter yelling at me. 'What do you mean by problem solve?!' he ask 'Just look at him?' gesturing his hand to Threetail in a accusing way so the beast made a sound 'awoo?' Hunter glared at him... 'He might have shrink into a smaller size but his appearance still not normal.'