24. This time I promise

Livonia Bedburg

Lalaine 

'How long do we have to hide...' I whispered.

'I don't know? Maybe forever?' Lily snapped at me but immediately smile when she saw my expression. 'Joke... '

'Did they find Hunter already... ' asked Madison 'It's all her fault! This will never happen if she didn't take Hunter with her!' she sneered to us.

I just ignored her and look at Lily, for the past months my little sister changed a lot. Her pixie cut hair had grown a little and her usual mischievous eyes had lost its spark. A month? No two or three months when the our town was attacked, the ones who kidnapped me and Summers came back.

The whole town is in chaos, a lot of humans were killed while some were taken by the Jagers or escape and left the town, defenseless. The pack territory is closed down to avoid them getting inside. Luke, Lilly, Madison and I were left outside, we can't enter the damn territory since a lot of Jagers are on watch. The last options that we had are leave town or stay hidden until everything's okay. And to be honest, I'm not liking any of it. 

'We have to return in the pack, it's much safer inside.' Madison voice out, for the past few days I've been wanting to punch her in the face. She keeps suggesting stupid ideas that are not helpful at all. I face palmed and stilled when I remember my right eye.

They took it from me.

I was awake when they took it out.

No matter how much pain I was feeling, screaming at them to stop because it hurts they never did.

A memory emerge from my mind, I closed my eye trying to prevent myself from remembering it but miserably failed.

'Her eyes, it's compatible.' one of them said.

My body was strap down in the bed, preventing me from doing any move. Screaming was the only thing that I manage to do as they pulled it out.

'Lalaine!' Luke's voice snap me from the memory. 'We're going back, their's no way out of this town and hiding won't help either.... One of these days will be caught, they're searching everywhere, anyplace that they think can find one.' he continued.

'But..' I mumbled as my hand went to my right eye where it use to be, upon seeing it pained flickers in his eyes. He can feel my pain just like how he feels it too when they took it from me.

'I'll protect you. This time I promise, nothing bad will ever happen to you.' he promised to me and I nodded.

'As we all know, these shit heads had done something that makes commuting to the pack impossible. We're left with a surprise attack to get inside, at the back of the territory only two are on their look out.' Lilly said

This sneaky sister of mine, so that's why every time I'm looking for her she was out spying.  I glared at her and she just shrug at me.

'So what's the plan-' Madison asked and a loud explosion was heard.

'WE'RE BEING ATTACKED!' Someone yelled!

Gun shot and explosions were all was I hearing.

After a long painful hours it went quiet, the silence was unbarring that it pains me not to talk or make a sound but something stop me, us to do any sound until a howl of a wolf was heard.

It was in pain, not physically that I'm sure but in a different way. I listened in to it until recognition hit us.

'Hunter...' Luke muttered and we all looked at each other.

'It's him right?' Lily asked.

Madison and I nodded.

We all started running towards the howl, we immediately arrive as it was close to us. Hunter in his wolf form stop from howling and look down. He looks defeated, getting close to him was impossible it's like a big wall is separating him from us. After a few minutes, other pack members started coming. The Alpha and her mate was the first one to arrive.

Amanda Chase. Hunter's mother was sobbing. I started walking closer and searching the around.

'Where is she?' I said but no one answered.

'He's back.' Luke sighed in relief while Madison started running towards the crowd that surrounding Hunter.

'Summer... Where is Summer? Hunter?' Lily voice out.

And just like that, just hearing Summer's name Hunter snap his head towards us with a unreadable expression.

--------------------------

Time skip!

I have my reason why I did this.

Short update after a long hiatus. Okay I'm sorry but I'm too busy. My life doesn't only revolve in making this story, a lot of shit had been happening in my life right now and I starting to get stress. And stress means this story might end up tragic and I'm hoping that won't happen.

Anyways, enjoy this guys.