28. Who's my previous partner?

Hunter Chase

When everyone around you started acting as if you're fragile, for some reason that i do not know that's what i'm getting. My father had stop talking to me regarding taking over the pack, my mother always look at me worried as if i'm gonna run away or disappear. Trent still act the same but theirs something he's not telling me.

As I walk alone i stop when i saw the old house that no one had ever live on, the house looks alive and really creepy. I wonder why i'm noticing it, the house had always been there for so long but I was never curious. I wonder why I started taking notice of it.

'Maybe if I enter-' My muttering was cut off when a car stop.

'Hunter!!!' Luke called

'Need a ride?' Lalaine ask

I stare at them then back to the old house 'This house...i'm kinda curious what inside, it has been here for so long but... I wonder why.' Wonder what? What am I even saying?

I was sitting next to Lilly, Lalaine's young sister and she keeps looking at me so I said 'What?' I look at her bored.

'Ahm, do you remember it already? The past months that you cannot recall?' she ask. Luke and Lalaine keep glancing at us until Lalaine stop her sister from asking questions. I frowned, they're definitely hiding something from me but what? What so important to those memories that I can't recall. A growl slip from my throat, surprising the three. 'Is something wrong?' Lalaine ask

'Nothing.' I said in almost snarl which made them bow their head in surrender. From the past few weeks i've been having a bad temper and feeling on the edge.

Almost a month already had past when I arrive to the pack to who knows where I came from. It took almost a month too to fix some part of the town and the school was one of the places that got fix first. They said that the town was attack by some Jaeger, they're human hunters or Huntsmen that specialize in hunting vampires and wolves. Father said they were here to collect species for experiments that they were hired in. Lalaine was one of the unlucky ones who got caught hence her other eye missing. No one knows who stop the Jaeger though.

As we enter the school ground few students greeted me, other just look with wariness and...

They were only few students, Luke said that a lot of humans got out of town when the Jaeger attack, some were killed and got caught. A lot of vampires are still on their covenant, few were killed from their kind just as the wolves.

'Hi Hunter.' a she-wolf in clad miniskirt said to me while walking on the school hallway and just like that my wolf and i snarled at the girl. Every students in the area stop doing whatever their doing. All eyes on me, fear in their faces even the blood sucking demons were looking at him.

'Hunter.' Luke called to me and I turn around, he was looking at me with worries.

'Are you okay?' Trent ask

'Hunter...' Madison whispered

'Alpha.' Lalaine younger sister said, as if she wanted to say something to me.

'Guys, the bell had rang already lets go.' Lalaine interrupted and we all started walking headed towards the classroom.

Aside from the feeling of forgetting something, the people around me are acting weird.

'Class... i know its been tough to all of you, we might have lost someone important for us.' The history prof said and for a second her eyes were on me 'but, life goes on no matter what happen. Today i would like for you guys to pair up to your previous partner on the first project. If your old partner is not present you can find a new one.' She said and everyone started to pair up.