18. Have you ever heard of the Katharous family?

Alia Catyln 'Katharous' Chasm Sinclair a.k.a. Summer

To actually see their reaction, I was lost at words.

Special.

Yes, mother used to say a that to me a lot whenever we're alone - she always had this triumphant look when she say those words to me.

My mother gestured me and Hunter to follow them to their chamber where they held meeting, important meetings that can only be attended by royal family where they discuss the things that cannot be said to public or outside the royal family. I've been here few times already, I seldom myself from not going to meetings since it was never in my interest to meddle and join such boring things that they find interesting.

I sneak a glance at Hunter who's on guard, to actually think that they- mother let him enter the chamber is a mystery and something I should be suspicious of but I was not at all. My father must have notice and read my expression so he assure me nothing bad will happen to him. 'Don't worry my child, nothing harm will come to your beloved-his part of the family now.' my father assured me and I nodded slowly.

We sat at huge chairs, my parent sat side by side and so Hunter and I. I waited for the two to start talking but they didn't. 'Care to explain mother?' I said.

She ignored my question hence stared at me before talking 'Will wait for your brothers, in a few they'll be here.' she said 'Just explain it already mother, I'm not here to waste time - this question that I have is about me not them so I have the right to know this tale that you both know.' I said

'Very well.' she answered after looking at me, studying me and look at his husband. My father look at me and smiled, his fang showed-typical-my father never bothered concealing his fangs even when we get out.

'Did you ever wonder why I was not the next in line to be titled the next King of Sinclair Kingdom?' he asked.

Next King? I look him puzzled. Yes, now that I think about it, father is the oldest out of his two brothers 'I was the oldest out of the three of us brothers, your Uncle-my dead brother was the second but he was crowned the next king and not me.' he said and I nodded for him to continue. 'You see my daughter, I was supposed to be the next king but that didn't happen. You know how Kings should be chosen right?' he ask and I nodded again.

'Aside from being the eldest you should come from a pure blood family but not just a pure blood but to a royal to succeed.' I said and he nodded at me.

'The thing is, I married your mother.' he said

Yes, but I still don't get it... My mother is a pure blood too and came from a royal family too..........right? Don't tell me I'm not their child or- I was interrupted in my thoughts when father talked.

'Your ours, child. ' my father simply said. 'Your mother is a pure blood and indeed came from a royal family, ' he said and stop, he looked at her wife lovingly 'but, amidst all that royal and being pure blood your mother's ancestor are quite different and......special just like you.' he said 'It was the reason why I wasn't held the next King my father was a strict vampire and find it dangerous for me to be the next king and pass it to my children but it was quite alright for me, ruling a Kingdom and protecting the lives of our people is something I cannot do for my family's safety comes first.' he said with a firm voice in the latter part.

'Have you ever heard of the Katharous family?' my mother ask and I shook my head. No I never did, it was in my name and in my brothers too but I never questioned it, I just thought it was part of our name that we siblings share. But I guess theirs more to it. 'The Chasm family's name has more to it than just a name, behind that name is the Katharous- a clan with special ability, so wondrous that they are called legend or just a myth from ancient times, not many knows about it, only few and only your fathers parents knows about it?,it was kept as a secret. They said their existence are for scares only but that is not true, they had live before and I was a proof of that' she said and I ask 'Then you're like me?'

My mother smiled. 'No my daughter, I might be a Katharous but that doesn't mean that the blood of their power will be on me too, not every Katharous are given the ability-only few are chosen such gift.'

'I'm pretty sure you are here to ask the abilities you have discovered?' my father asked and I nod at him.

'I have a problem controlling it.' I said and my mother flinch a little, for a moment I thought her eyes held worry but in that moment t disappeared mask by her cold eyes.

'Explain child.' My father said

'I cannot control it, their's a voice in my head-talking to me to take his hand.' I heard low growled from Hunter and I just shrugged at him 'her hand.' I said and continued but before that my father had this amuse expression in his face but I ignore it. 'I lost in controlling my body, I can see my body moves on its own while I watch people die in front of me.' I said.

'Her blood became a weapon.' Hunter interjected.

I look at him.

'What?' he ask

'Nothing.' I said and smiled, I returned my eyes to my parents but confused crept in my face when I saw their expression. My father had this serious face while my mother- I cannot read it at all.

'Dear.' my father said to my mother.

'Aedan, shhh.'she said and gestured her hand to my father to calm down.

'Would you help me control it mother?' I ask

She stared at me long... Long enough that it starting to make me uncomfortable. 'I'm sorry my daughter but that is something I cannot do, I have only seem one in my whole life and I was a mere child at that time, as I told you before their are only few who are given such gift' she said and I slumped my shoulder. For the first time in my life fear crept in my mind, losing control is something I cannot allowed especially when Hunters life is on the line. If I cannot control it then staying by his side-my whole existence is a danger for him.

Hunter must have notice mood so he took my hand under the table and squeeze it as I squeezed back, he smiled at gently 'Will figure something.' He said and he gave me a small smile.

That smile.
I will always want to see it. Looking at him made me realize something and I blurted something in whisper, so soft so quiet that no one heard it when the chambers door opened wide.

'Mother! Father! Is it true that she is back!!!??' A rich and very familiar voice ask loudly.

'Quiet Adrien, i didn't raise you with such manner.' My mother hiss and I felt myself grinning when turn to look at Adrien.

When he saw me he immediately leap towards my direction using his vampire speed but the moment he was close to me he was slammed through the wall by none other than my beloved Hunter. He was growling, canines already push out. Adrien snarled and showed his fang.

Oh boy. I thought, this going to be a problem.

~~~~~|~
Enjoy reading guys.
Please Vote.Comment.
Thanks.