FIVE

Chapter Five| Sunlyn

I yawn, stretching my arms over my head and sitting up looking around the room. I notice the shower is running in the next room, as I rub the tiredness out of my eyes. "Oh shit," I whisper lowly to myself.

I leap out of the bed, and fall to the floor, catching myself before I could make a loud thud against the floor. Barely fucking feel my legs. I start to crawl towards my dress, after sliding it on my body. I start searching for my other items.

'Where the hell is my panties,' I think to myself.

Quickly grabbing both of my shoes and my purse, I limp my way out of there. Trying to be as quiet as possible. After making it outside, I quickly realize that I have no fucking clue where I am. Walking down the driveway, to see some gardeners trimming the bushes at the front gate.

"Excuse me,  sorry to bother you, but would you happen to know how I would be able to get back to the city?," I ask.

They all looked at me like I just got finished with a porno scene, then one of them spoke up. "Um, yes miss, there is a bus station right down the street."

I quickly thank him and take off to the bus station.

...

Let me tell you something, sitting on a public bus, at 8 in the morning with smudged makeup on your face. No bra or panties on has to be the worst kind of walk of shame I've ever had. People have such a staring problem I know I look like a hot mess, let me live. During the majority of the bus ride, I just thought about last night. He was amazing, and now I probably won't see him again. I felt bad for just leaving without telling him. But, he probably would have kicked me out anyway, so I'm glad I beat him to it.

Now, I need to just spend the rest of the bus ride, erasing everything that happen last night, from my mind.

I finally make it home, put down my things, and get into the shower. Washing his smell off of me, and mentally prepared myself for my first day of work coming up on Monday. After doing my regular morning routine, I put on my favorite oversize hoodie and Nike sweats and make myself some coffee and blueberry pancakes.

Before I could even relax in my living room, my phone starts to ring. It's Cass, She is already yelling and I didn't even say anything.

"BITCH, WHEN I CATCH YOU, I PROMISE YOU, YOU ARE GETTING CUT," she yells.

"What have I done now?" I ask.

"Don't act all innocent now, you text me that you are going home with a guy. Then, don't answer any of my texts or calls," she says. I check my call and text logs, she basically flooded my phone. How the hell haven't I noticed?   

"So are you going to give me all of the juicy details?" she asks.

For the next 15 minutes, I'll tell her every detail of last night.

"Damn, that man fucked yo shit up," she laughs. " I'm happy for you though babe, you deserved it."

"Yeah, I'm happy too," I say.

Then, Cass goes on to tell me about how boring New York is without me. While we were on the phone I opened my laptop and checked my email. Mostly briefings and protocols, basically the same rules I had to follow before. An email from my new assistant asked if I had preferences when came to coffee, work schedules, and office designs. After getting off the phone with Cass, I answer back to all of my remaining emails.