SEVEN

Chapter Seven| Sunlyn

"I'll see you after work, Ms. Carter," Taylor said waving goodbye.

"See you, Taylor," I say before he steps back in the car.

Walking into the building fake smiling and saying good morning to the people I walk by. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with saying it. It's just too early to be even talking to people, sometimes a girl just wants to plan out her day, without people bothering her. Hopping into the elevator, pressing the floor button, and watching the doors slowly close. Then, a hand comes out of nowhere stopping the doors from closing.

And who it might be, Dario, of course.

"Good morning, darling," He says flashing his annoyingly beautiful smile at me.

"Good morning, Mr. Knight," I say "And it's Ms. Carter."

Before he could answer, the elevator stops on the ninth floor and people get on. Making us pack closer to each other before I know it, I accidentally back up into Dario. And stumble back a little bit, while trying to catch my balance. He rests his hands on my waist helping to stabilize me. My heart starts to race and my body feels like it's burning.

He lowers his mouth to the tip of my ear, "You see Ms. Carter, I don't really give a fuck about formalities, you will always be my darling. And I'll be your Dario."

He slowly brings his hands back to himself and just stands as still as possible. Trying not to show his effect on me. Everyone else gets settled on the elevator as the doors close and it starts to go up. How the fuck did no one hear him? The elevator finally reached the fifteenth floor, and I can't get out of there any faster.

I walk up to the receptionist's desk and I see Daniel waiting for me. Dario seemly walking there too. Saying good morning to the receptionist as I did before turning back to Daniel who told me that I had meetings and other work that I had to complete today. All just editor's meetings, so none with Dario, thank god.

"Also, someone delivered two gifts for you, I put them in your office," Daniel said.

"Did the person who delivered it say who it was from?" I ask.

"No, he just said these were for you," he said. I notice Dario's gaze lingering, while Daniel and I were talking. Dang, he couldn't be a little less obvious.

"Have a nice day, Mr. Knight," I say before heading to my office.

"You too, darling." Okay, now he is just doing it to annoy me. I give him a small grin and walk into my office, seeing the two boxes sitting on my coffee table.

'Now, what if I have a bomb on my hands? Sunlyn doesn't be crazy why would someone send me a bomb.' I thought to myself.

'Well, why not?'

I just decide to open it. If I leave this earth now, just let the world know that I looked good doing it. I decide to open the bigger box first, untying the bow and slowly lifting the top.

It's full of roses, with a white card on top of it. I slowly open it.

I told you that I would buy you more.

More of what? I decide to open the second box. Lifting up the wrapping paper. Finding three different full sets of lingerie under it. Lifting them up, I think 'who would send me lingerie?'

Oh lord.

"Ms. Carter," Daniel called out for me, standing on the other side of the open door. I jump a little bit, quickly stuffing the lingerie back in the box and turning my attention to him.