NINE

Chapter Nine| Dario

I don't think I've ever been happier in my life. Walking into the office this Monday morning, with a huge smile on my face. This past weekend with Sunlyn was just perfect. After our date on Saturday, I convinced her to stay at my place.

"Okay, I'll stay with you tonight. But, you have to keep your hands to yourself," she said as we walked back to the car.

"Baby, how can I do that when you have on this dress." I stop her and dip my hands underneath her unbuttoned coat and caress her ass. "I just want to rip it off of you."

"What is up with you and ripping my clothing?" she says as I kiss down her neck. "I mean it, Dario," she says lightly pushing me away from her neck. "I want us to take it slow." Wrapping her hands around my neck.

"And by slow you mean?"

"I mean no sex," she says. " And we jumped each other the first time we met-"

I cut in, "-that's because we were strangers then."

"So, let's actually get to know each other this time. Okay?"

"Okay, we'll take it slow, I promise."

...

And that's what we did. Spending the rest of the weekend cuddled up in bed watching her favorite romantic comedies. And we spent Sunday together as well, I made her my famous blueberry pancakes, that morning, which she loved. I wanted her to stay until this morning and I would drive her to work. But, she insisted on going home that night, saying something about how it would be more professional if we didn't show up together. Checking my phone as I walk into my office when starts Charlie starts to read me the schedule for today.

"...and Pierce has been ringing down the phone for a meeting with you."

I sigh. "Ignore him," Picking up my laptop. The only thing that son of a bitch wants is to con me out of my own money.

"Will do, sir," Charlie says holding the door open for me. Charlie explained that I have a morning meeting in 10 minutes, so I'll think I'll go and visit my woman first.

"Good morning, Daniel, is Ms.Carter in? " I say before walking into the office.

"Yeah, she's in," He says not even looking up from the computer.

I walk into the office, and Sunlyn is sat down at her desk. She changed her hair, it's out in a big fro', with distinctive curls.

 She changed her hair, it's out in a big fro', with distinctive curls