THIRTEEN

Chapter Thirteen| Dario

Twelve hours earlier...

"Look I don't give a fuck about how much he is paying them, make sure he doesn't interfere with the deal?" I hang up the phone on my aide.

I swear this motherfucker, Pierce, is getting on my last nerve. When we touch down in Dubai, it's over for him and his career. Driving into the airport gate, too busy thinking about Pierce. I forgot Theo was still in the car with me.

He sighs, "You know, Sergio's the Head now, they asked for me to take your spot, but I didn't need that kind of stress." He continues, "Come on, Dario. Don't you remember what we were like back then? You loved being boss. Giving it all up to invest with Pierce, just for him to fuck you over."

"He wouldn't have been able to try that shit with the 'old' you," He continues.

Theo is right, but I gave that up. As much as I loved being Don, I wanted other things in life. The parties, the money, and the woman don't get me wrong I had my fun. But, I was ready to settle down and have a family. So, I stupidly listened to Pierce and then he fucked me over. So, I took the board member job with my godmother. And started investing again on my own.

"Well, that's not me anymore. I handle my business through legal ways."

"It was more fun when it was illegal," he says under his breath.

Pulling up beside the plane. The crew stands behind the pilot and co-pilot.

"What the hell," I mutter lowly to myself. Unlocking the car door and approaching the pilot, "What's going on?"

"I'm very sorry for the inconvenience Mr. Knight, but the jets aren't going to be able to take off this evening."

"Why not?"

"There isn't enough fuel to get to Dubai. It would be a very risky trip," He said.

"Well, it's a risk I'm willing to take."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Knight but it is out of our hands. The Flight Aware managers already said 'the jets aren't allowed to leave the runway.'" He spoke.

I turn to Theo, he is staring at them with a blank expression. I walk back to the car, Theo shortly after me. Pulling out of the airport, racking my brain trying to figure out how the hell we are going to get to Dubai. Heading back to the house, Theo's phone rings. He answers it.

I don't even know what he is talking about. I'm too busy, thinking about Sunlyn. It's barely been two hours and she has flooded my mind. Her body, her voice, that beautiful smile. She makes me crazy. "Are you fucking kidding me? That son of a bitch," Theo says taking my mind off of Sunlyn.

"Alright, alright I'll call you back." he ends the call.

"It was Pierce, he worked something out with the jet company and canceled our flight. And just closed with one of the investors."

That son of a bitch.

"Dario, we need to beat him at his own game. Scare him a little."

If that motherfucker wants to play dirty, then that is what we will do.

"Alright," I say. "Call Sergio, I'm sick of Pierce and his games."

"Finally, the king is back."

"This is just a one-time thing, Theo." He gives me a look like he doesn't believe me. "I'm serious."

"Fine."

...

Monday Evening