SIXTEEN

Chapter Sixteen| Sunlyn

"I'm sorry...what?" Cass said.

"Yeah, that happened."

To say I'm scared to go to work tomorrow would be an understatement. I asked Dario to drop me home today, he was quick to protest, but I just felt like I needed to be home tonight. Relationships were a sign of weakness in the workplace, but I dug my grave so now I have to lie in it.

"So, what did you do?"

"Girl..."

"Oh, Mrs. Archibald. Ummmm-"

"Ms. Carter, I wasn't expecting to see you here," she looked me up and down. The cold air rushing through the door made me realize how short my nightie is. I slide my hands down the front of my dress attempting to keep my dress down from the breeze trying to sneak under it.

"I see exactly what's been keeping you so occupied," she turns to Dario.

He stays quiet and looks down.

"Well, I'm obviously interrupting something," And with that, she walks out of the house and closes the door. All that is left is the cold breeze from outside slowly fading away from the heat of all the tension in the room.

"Look I didn't know she would have barged in here like this," Dario spoke.

I sigh, "I know." I rub my hands across my face. Dario's phone rings in his pocket, and he lifts it up to check the contact. Shifting his gaze back to me, giving a remorseful look before answering it. I decided to go back upstairs to the bedroom. I'm so going to lose my job. I can't go back, I'm getting paid way too much money to get fired now.

What the hell were you thinking, Sunlyn.

I  start to put on my clothes. When I hear Dario come into the room.

"Look, Dario, maybe we should-"

He walks up to me, "Nope. Don't do that." Unbuttons my jeans, and pushes me onto the bed. Practically, ripping it off my body.

"What the hell?" I asked confused.

"Don't rethink anything, don't question what we have because she knows about us now," he grabs my hands.

"I'm not," I prop myself up on my elbows, staring up at his towering body over me.

"Yes, you are. I know this is what you were afraid of, but don't run away now."

"Could you blame me for doing so? I've worked too hard for my career, for it to end like this," I tried reaching for my jeans that were still in my hands.

"Let go of my pants already," I say.

"No," he takes the jeans out of my grip and goes into his closet. Folding them and putting them on the highest shelf in the room.

Of course, I can't reach them because everything in the closet is made for his giant self.

"Are you serious? Why do you have to be so childish?" I glare at him.

He doesn't answer, he walks back into the room. Untucking the bedsheets, preparing for bed.

"Come to bed, Sunlyn." I stand in the middle of the room, with my arms folded over my chest. "Sunlyn,"  He calls out. "Come to bed." He continues to glare at me, not backing down.