TWELVE

Chapter Twelve| Dario

After the weekend, we've had together. I feel very hesitant to leave Sunlyn alone. It's Monday morning, they opened back up the roads and airports.

"How long are you going to be gone?" Sunlyn traces the tattoos on my chest.

"Only four days," I say. "You could stay here until I come back, I'll make sure my staff takes good care of you."

"I can't, they want us back at work tomorrow."

The next board meeting isn't until next week, so technically I don't have to be in the building until then. But, Sunlyn works for the company, so she always has to be there.

Honestly, I wish I could take her with me. But, I think people would question why I would take her to Dubai.

"Why do you have to go?" she asks.

"Just business."

She sits up and looks at me, "You know you could talk to me, Dario."

Frankly, I'm too scared. Scared of how she might think of me if she knew my past. I want a future with her, a future with her that I wouldn't get. If she knew the old 'me'.

"Really, darling it's a short work trip. Don't worry."

...

Sunlyn

Currently in the car with Dario and Theo. After dropping me off, they headed straight to the airport. I don't want to sound like the clingy girlfriend or anything. But, something seems off. We've been together all weekend, and he decides to tell me this morning that he was leaving. Maybe I'm just overthinking the situation, things come up on your schedule all the time.

We are almost near my apartment and Dario has been barking down the phone the entire ride. I'm guessing, this trip is serious. I watch the city outside the window. Cars are hidden under mountains of snow. People shoveling the snow off of the sidewalks. Dario pulls the car up in front of my apartment. He hangs up the phone and opens the passenger door for me.

"Thank you," I say to him as he grabs my bag for me.

"I'll be back before you know it, darling," he helps me up the steps.

"Why are you saying it like I won't see you again?"

He smiles, "Don't worry, darling."

"You saying that only makes me worry more."

He looks like he has something on his mind. I wish he would just open up to me.

"Baby, everything will be fine." He unbuttons his coat and pulls out his wallet, taking out an all-black credit card. "Here, buy whatever your heart desires."

"So, now you want to be my sugar daddy." He places it in my hand.

"A title, I'll take with pleasure." He plants a kiss on my lips.

"Sadly, a title you will not receive." I hand it back to him, "I'm not spending your money."

Independent woman type shit...

"Fine, maybe I'll just have to take you myself." He continues to kiss me.

Every time, he kisses me I always get butterflies. Multiple kisses later, we are basically making out on my front steps.

"GET A ROOM," Theo screams out of the car window.

We pull apart, "THEO, SHUT UP." Dario yelled.

I laugh, I swear the two of them just have it out for each other.