TEN

Chapter Ten| Sunlyn

To say that I hate my life is definitely an understatement or maybe I'm just a dramatic person.

This Thursday is thanksgiving back in the U.S., and I totally forgot. Usually, there would be those thanksgiving decorations that people would put up, So you wouldn't forget that the holiday is coming around. But, they don't celebrate that over here. So, I would have no choice but to remember. Now, it's Thursday and I'm waist-deep in flight ticket sites and have no available tickets.

Sitting in my living room, with the news playing on the tv. Plus, there is supposed by a snowstorm this weekend, so the company let us stay home to prepare for it. And likely no availability for any planes to be flying anywhere this weekend. I thought I would be able to get a quick flight out, but I was wrong.

I thought being homesick was a myth, but now not being able to spend the holiday with my friends

Did I mention that I hate my life?

My phone starts to vibrate next to me. It's Dario. We've been going on dates, spending the night at each other's houses, and on the phone anytime we are not near each other for a little over a month now. Although, he hasn't officially asked me to be his girlfriend. He always calls me, 'his woman'. I'm not complaining though, I love when he does it.

"Hello," I answer.

"Hey, baby. You okay?" he sounds concerned, by the tone of my voice

"I hate my life."

"What's making you hate life, today?" he asks.

"I forgot to get my plane ticket to go back to back to New York for the weekend. And now I can't get anything because of the storm that is coming." I whine.

"Damn, your life really does suck."

"Dario, don't make me hang up this phone on you," I retort.

"Sorry, darling. I couldn't help myself." He laughs, "Let me see what I could do."

Then, he hangs up. I don't know what 'rich white man's shit, he is about to do. But, I'm not even going to stop it. Closing my laptop and placed it on the couch. Getting up to go to the kitchen, to grab my favorite candy, Peanut M&M's, if you don't like them, you are crazy in my book.

Placing my ass right back on the couch and switching the tv to play, 'Modern Family'. I would put on another marvel film, but Dario said I'm not allowed to continue our marathon without him. A finish about three episodes before Dario calls back.

"There is good news and bad news. Which one do you want to hear first?" He speaks up.

"Let me just hear the bad news first," I say.

"Well, I tried to see you you could use my private jet to go back to New York, but they are really not letting any flights in the air. Until after the storm passes. And that won't be until next week Tuesday." He explains.

Aww, he was going to let me on his private jet. I swear this man.

"Well, thanks for trying," I say.

"You still have the good news, darling."

"Okay, give me the good news," I say excitedly.