EPILOGUE

Epilogue| Dario

Where is my wife?

"Mrs. Knight, where are you?"

I sigh as I hear shuffling in the kitchen, loosening my tie and unbuttoning the top two buttons on my shirt. As I move closer to the kitchen I see Sunlyn's beautifully shaped figure swaying to the sounds of Etta James' voice. I watch her body closely, the way her pencil skirt shapes the outlines of her ass.

I lean against the doorway, watching her with joy. I could sit around all day watching her. She notices me, placing both of her hands on her hips. Her large diamond ring and her wedding band sparkled in the light. When I proposed to her, she thought it was too much. But, now she flaunts it around as she should.

A little over a year ago, Sunlyn and I got married. Nothing too big, a small ceremony in St. Lucia with my brother, Cassidy, and a few of Sunlyn's mates from college.

She crosses her arm over her chest, "How long have you been standing there?"

I shrug, "Long enough." I walk over to her, worming my arm around her waist. Pulling her into my body, taking in her scent kissing down her neck.

"Dario," she whines.

"Yes, darling."

"I'm trying to cook for us," she moves out of my arms and stirs the food. "I'm making your favorite, fettuccine pasta."

"What's the special occasion?"

"Nothing, I can't make a meal for my husband," she says. "It's almost ready, can you set the table for me?"

"Of course."

After we came back from our honeymoon, Sunlyn and I moved into a new home. Around the same size as my old one. But, Sunlyn decorated the entire place, making it feel like a home. And I love it.

Just as I finish setting the table, she places the plates of food on the table. I grab the drinks for us. A glass of her favorite white wine, and a glass of water. We both finally sit down and eat.

"How was your day?" she asked me.

I decided to step back from the mafia, again. For this time, I've found love and plan on giving her all of my attention. Although I have left, I've made her it is in great hands this time. Theo has taken over and has been doing a damn good job if I might add. 

Cassidy moved up here to be with him and closer to Sunlyn. She claimed she had nothing left in New York to keep her there. And Theo makes sure she doesn't second guess that either. Every other day, he's buying her gifts to make sure she is still in love with him.

I watch as she takes a sip from her glass of water, "Nothing special, just same ole meetings, making tons of money to come and spend on you."

She rolls her eyes, "You are so corny sometimes."

"How was your day?"

"Uhh."

...

Sunlyn

My husband has no idea, what I have to tell him. I just found out that I'm two months pregnant, somehow this baby survived my night out with Cass about two weekends ago.

Just spit it out Sunlyn, what's the worst that could happen?

Well, he could kick you and your baby to the curb.

OMG. Shut up.

"Uhh... my day was good," I choked out. "Had lunch with Cassidy, found out that I'm pregnant, pretty simple day."

His eyes lifted from his plate, held eye contact with me as he controlled his breath. "What did you say, darling?"

I remove my cloth from my lap, standing up from my chair. Walk around the table, he leans back in his chair as I sit on his lap. Taking his hand into mine, "Dario, I'm pregnant."

His eyes flicker back and forth, between my eyes and lower stomach. He wraps his arm around my waist, and places his large palm on my lower stomach.

He looks up at me with glossy eyes, "I'm going to be a father."

I smile and nod.

"Oh, darling, you have no idea how long I've been waiting to start a family with you." He rubs my stomach, "Thank you for loving me. I never thought someone as beautiful and thoughtful as you, would ever dare to love someone like me."

I hum, "Dario, you don't give yourself enough credit, especially considering you never left me alone enough to even consider being with someone else."

He laughs, "Your love makes me do crazy things."

"It surely does." I rub his beard, "Do you want to see the ultrasound pictures."

He smiles, "Of course, I do."

I stand up and get my purse from the kitchen. Got the pictures, and came back to sit on his lap.

"Surprisingly, I'm two months along." I point to the pictures, showing him where exactly the baby is on the black and white picture.

"I hope we have a girl," he says.

"You want a mini-me running around here."

He nods his head.

"What about when she starts bringing boys around? What are you going to do then."

"I'm not worried about that, I have enough bullets to shoot each and every one of them."

I smacked his shoulder, "Dario, you can't see things like that. People will think you are a psycho."

"Let them think that nothing will stop me from protecting my daughter."

Imagining him as a girl dad is already stressing me out.

"Now, you need to eat, darling. You are eating for two now."

...

Last night was amazing, Dario practically spoiled me the entire night. Cleaning up the kitchen and dining room table, claiming that I'm putting too much strain on my feet. Then, he set the bath for me and massaged my feet. After that, the night was a blur, I was in heaven.

This morning I woke up to his side of the bed empty. And the strong smell of Dario's blueberry pancakes. I quickly rise to my feet to complete my morning routine.

I head downstairs to the kitchen, the sounds of the blender going off. His tattooed back faces me as I wrap my arms around him.

"Good morning, darling. How did you sleep?" he asked.

"Good morning, I slept amazing."

"Your doctor called this morning to schedule another ultrasound appointment in three weeks. I also picked up your prenatal vitamins from the pharmacy, and made you this smoothie." He poured the green smoothie into a cup.

"Thank you, honey," I grab the smoothie from him.

Take the vitamins and wash them down with the smoothie.

This new chapter in our lives will be everything.

...

Sorry, this update took so long. My account was bugging out. But, I just want to say again, thank you for being on this journey with me.