EIGHT

Chapter Eight| Dario

She's been avoiding me. Well more than usual.

For the past couple of mornings, we would have our traditional banter in the elevator. I would give her multiple compliments and she would always smile and say thank you. Or say something about how I'm trying to get back in her pants. Which is kind of true, but Sunlyn is really just a beautiful woman.

I'd kill to have her long legs wrapped around my body again, to have her coming against my tongue again. I always follow up, asking if she thought about the idea of us. The first time, she said she was still thinking, then the next morning, I think she was starting to weigh her options.

"So, why are you so persistent about this date?" she asks.

I turn and smile at her, "Because...because we would be kidding ourselves if we pretended that there isn't an attraction, we have towards each other."

She sits there for a while thinking, "Hmmm" she says.

"Hmmm," I respond back. Then, the elevator door opened up and she walked out, not before saying.

"Have a nice day, Dario." 

Not Mr. Knight, just Dario.

I finally thought she was finally coming around. But, now I'm not so sure. I didn't see her in the elevator yesterday morning or this morning. And every time I pass her through the office, she goes out of her way to go the other way. Was I coming on too strong? I go through all of the possible scenarios in my head. While watching her speak during the meeting, walking around the front of the room, in a tight black pencil skirt and black dress shirt. The skirt really shapes her curves perfectly, I could feel my pants tighten around my crotch.

After she finished presenting, another member concluded the meeting and Sunlyn started to pack up. I try to get to her on the other side of the room.

"Mr. Knight, you are looking handsome as always," Shelia says caressing my arm, she's on the older side. And doesn't know how to keep her hands to herself.

"Mrs. Scott, I don't think your husband would be delighted to see you touching on another man," I say, removing her cold hands from me. She gave a defeated look. Looking up from her I notice Sunlyn isn't in the room anymore.

"So, I've heard you are investing in a hotel in Dubai, I have some partners, over there and-"

"If you'll excuse me," I say interrupting her and walking out of the conference room. I was bored of the conversation and I just wanted to talk to my Sunlyn.

Walking through the halls, I see her, with her back towards me talking to Pierce. Why is he here? And why the fuck would she be talking to him? Then, they are laughing together, are you serious? I could barely get her to smile at me. But, she is laughing with this idiot. I need to stop this.

"Pierce," I growl, practically running toward them. Eager to get my woman away from him, wrapped my arm around her waist possessively.

"Ah, Mr. Knight, I was just talking to this lovely woman, Ms. Carter, was it?" he asks looking at my arm around her.

"What are you doing here?" I ask him before Sunlyn can respond to his question. She looks between us, analyzing the situation. But not saying anything.

"What? I can't visit an old friend," he says. I look at him, not buying his explanation for being here.

"We have some things to discuss," shifting his gaze to Sunlyn, then right back to me. "Privately."