FIFTEEN

Chapter Fifteen | Sunlyn

"Theo?" I questioned.

"I come in peace, I'm just here to talk," his Adam's apple bobbles as he talks with his hands stuffed in his jacket pocket.

"Look, I don't want another lecture about the other night, frankly I don't want to talk about it at all."

"Fine," he agreed. "We won't talk about it, but I would still like to talk to you," a smirk played on his lips. reminded me so much of Dario, he's basically just the younger version of himself. I open the door wider allowing him to enter, he strolls on in leaving his shoes at the door. I guided him to the living room so he could sit down.

"You drink wine?" I asked.

"If you don't have anything stronger then I'll take it," he shrugged.

Shaking my head as I pour the drinks out in the kitchen, before heading back to the living room and handing the glass to him. "Thank you," he murmured.

Sighing, "Okay, let's get this over with."

He hummed, "I'm not gonna take too much of your time, I just wanted to let you know that he's miserable. I've never seen him like this and I'd seen him in some of his roughest moments I'll tell you that."

Exhaling, "Anything else I need to know."

"Just give him another chance, I could call him many things, a jackass, an asshole, a dickwad..."

"I get it," I snickered.

He smirked, "But, he is a very committed person, and has always been like that. When he has his eye on something or someone, in this case. It's very hard for him to let go. He's been like that ever since we were younger." He continued, "All I'm saying is even though your constant rejection is hurting him, he won't stop lusting over you."

"So what do you want me to do about that?"

"I'm not saying you should give in, but I know firsthand, the man is stubborn and he usually gets what he wants."

After sipping my wine, "So let me get this straight, he sent you over to tell me how much he's not gonna stop. Because if you're done, you could leave now."

He kissed his teeth, "He ain't send me here, he's somewhere crying in a corner. I came here although I fuck with him sometimes, seeing him in such misery, as a little brother pains my heart. And a part of me believes that you are just doing this to fuck with him or you got your own reasons why. But regardless, you want it as much as he does."

Looking him up and down, "okay, maybe I do."

He snickered, "I knew it."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Well, you're like my sister now, so ask away."

"Dario talks about his past a lot, he speaks very vaguely though. I'm not asking for you to tell me everything, but what was it like growing up?"

Rubbing a hand against his chin, "Our mother was loving, the kindest woman you could meet, our father was not so much. When she passed, it was just us and him, he had very stern ways of teaching us how to become men." He continued, "Long story short, Dario didn't like his ways of disciplining me, so he beat the shit out of him and we ran away. Dario raised me throughout his teenage years, but we were poor as ever. soon, he got mixed into the 'wrong' crowd," he put in air quotes. "As you see it wasn't a positive influence on him, but it made sure we had something to eat every night and clothes on our backs."

I hummed.

"But, soon Dario wanted a different lifestyle, y'know with the home, kids, and flowers in the garden bullshit. So he left and got a job with that old lady that you work with, tried to convince me that I deserved that too, but I didn't want it. And that lead to two years of no speaking between us, he had his life I had mine."