TWENTY-EIGHT- THE END

Chapter Twenty-Eight| Cassidy

The rain dripped against the outside of the window sill, as my eyes squint through the blinds

The rain dripped against the outside of the window sill, as my eyes squint through the blinds. Eyeing the black SUV with dark-tinted windows, across the street from Sunlyn's apartment. It's been sitting there since yesterday afternoon before the rain started to pour down. For the past forty-eight hours, Sunlyn and I have been glued to the couch. Watching a marathon of movies, eating pints of ice cream, and taking many naps. After we made our 'escape', Sunlyn doesn't like it when I call it an 'escape'. But it is, so she can't be mad at it. We crashed at her place, after stocking up on groceries. 

But, now, on this gloomy afternoon, I've been watching our watcher. On my tippy toes, still peeping out the window near the front door, when Sunlyn called out, "Cass, would you get away from the window, it's probably just Dario." She is right, when I checked the window earlier this morning, a stockily built man stepped out of the vehicle. I recognized him as one of the men that act as security for Dario and Theo. 

Sighing, finally backed out from the window, and entered the living room where Sunlyn is sitting. "Your man has his people stalking you, so I'm gonna stalk back until he makes his move."

"What 'move' is he exactly making?" she asked. 

I shrugged, "I don't know, but I need to be prepared."

"You want to know what I think..." Her voice lingered. 

"What?"

"I think you miss Theo..." She spoke, causing me to roll my eyes. 

"I am not worried about that man." 

"Yeah, okay. All I'm saying is that supporting me with my decision doesn't mean that you shouldn't think of your happiness. And I believe that this situationship with Theo, makes you get butterflies inside."

 "I know and I'm not." I held her hand, "But, trust I will always be here for you, babe."

...

Sunlyn

Washing the gel out of my hair, my kinky curls take shape as the water seeps through my scalp. My shower head lets out the hot water, and it drizzles down my aching body, while the steam fills my bathroom. Completely washing the remaining amounts of soap on my body. Turned off the water, exited the shower, and wrapped my towel around my body. Wiping the fog off the mirror above my sink, grabbed my toothbrush, and began brushing the taste of ice cream off my tongue. Making a note to myself to decrease the number of sweets I have for the next month. 

After moisturizing my body and putting on my clothes, I relaxed against my bed while my hair, for the most part, was completely dry. Cass was in her room getting ready for the night, I lay flat out on my bed when the sweet melodies of a violin starts to play. It was so sweet and soundly, I quickly found myself recognizing the tune. When my door swung open, Cass's ears perked up, "If you are gonna play a Beyonce song, don't play the instrumental version."