TWENTY-TWO

Chapter Twenty-Two| Sunlyn

Sipping my hot coffee trying not to burn my tongue while sitting out on the back patio, clearing my head from last night. Maximizing on my fifteen minutes of silence, Cass comes limping through the back door. "Well, if it isn't the woman of the hour?" I laughed. "You've got a lot of explaining to do, missy."

She takes a deep breath, "Look I know you're mad at me-"

"Mad. Why would I be mad at you?" I interrupt.

"I mean you found me in bed with your boyfriend's brother."

"Cass, I'm not mad at you. Do I think you could've picked any other guy in that club? Maybe," we laughed at my rhetorical question. "But, I am supportive of whatever makes you happy."

"Thank you," she smiles. "See this is why you're my best friend."

"So, give me the details, after catching a glimpse of it, I, at least deserve to know if it was good or not."

"Yeah, it was great. It really was," she answers.

"I feel like there is a 'but' coming."

She gives me a tight smile, "But, it was just a hookup, nothing serious. Just needed to get my mind off of everything that was going on back home."

"Does Theo knows it's only a hookup?" I asked.

"Yes, he knows. I'm not that horrible of a person to lead him on."

I hope so.

...

Dario

Three days later

"What's wrong with you?" I asked Theo.

"Nothing," he mutters lowly, keeping his attention on his phone.

Sergio sucks his teeth, "He's mad that Sunlyn's friend used him for one night, then discarded him like a used piece of tissue."

"Would it kill you to keep your bloody mouth shut?" Theo retorted.

"I will when you fucking get over yourself, just go fuck someone else. And get out of your feelings."

"I don't need this right now," he shook his head and stood up.

"Can you have you bitch fit after the meeting?" I said angling for him to sit back down and he did.

"So, what do you have for me today?" I lean back in my chair.

One of my men walked forward. "We found him, he popped up in Warsaw, by the looks of it he seems to be gearing up for something." He spoke.

"Great. We scared him into hiding," Sergio took a sip of hard whiskey from his glass cup.

"It can't be that easy. I've worked with Pierce, he always has something up his sleeve," I say. "He wants something."

Theo speaks up, "Keep our guards up and wait for him to make his move. Then, we work from there." After quick briefings on other projects, the meeting was quickly dismissed. Checking my cell phone, Sunlyn left me some messages.

2 Attachments

Two pictures of her and Cass at dinner, one with her regular smile and one with the both of them making crazy faces. Her hair is in a slick bun towards the back, with untamed curls creating a large puff. She looks to be in a black dress that hugs her curves, her cleavage slightly shown. The lighting is a little low in the restaurant, but her facial features are catching the eye because of the makeup highlighter on the bulb of her nose and cheekbones.