NINETEEN

(Cassidy Aesthetic)

(Cassidy Aesthetic)

Chapter Nineteen| Sunlyn

Mid.

That's all I can describe my week, nothing exciting, nothing to look forward to. After we hit a new year, things have been aggressively boring. Every time I call Cassidy she always has something to do. I do enjoy my own company, but it gets lonely sometimes when you are used to being around people.

Dario and Theo are on some business trip, so I'm really just going to have to get used to being alone.

After Taylor opened the car door for me, thanking him for helping me out. The temperature has dropped so low, New York gets pretty cold around this time. But, I'm not used to this kind of cold. Unlocking the front door of my place and walking in. I'm met with the mixture of a light female voice and a deep masculine voice indulged in a hearty laugh coming from my kitchen.

My heart drops to my ass.

Who the fuck is in my house?

Quietly taking off my heels, taking one in my hands, and holding it up like a weapon. Slowly moving to the kitchen. I slide into the corner, to listen in on their conversation.

"She was really worried that she was being a bad friend for not checking in on you when in reality I was keeping her distracted. So, that you could come and surprise her."

"Yeah, she is such an overthinker," the woman sighs.

I know that voice, I missed that voice. I face my body directly into the door, lowering my heel.

"Cassidy," I question with watery eyes.

Dario and Cassidy turn their attention to me.

"Sunny," we basically tackle each other. Dario chuckles at our actions.

"How are you here right now?" I release her from the hug.

"Well, you're boyfriend, Dario, flew me out here."

"I thought you had a business trip," I ask Dario.

"It was my cover-up so I could bring Cass over here to you," he responds.

"Wait," I spoke. "How the hell did you get in my place?"

"I have my ways, darling," he threw his arm over my shoulders bring my body into him.

I mutter a 'thank you, while hugging him. He wraps his other arm around me, kissing my forehead. Still watery-eyed and shocked to see my best friend, I wipe my eyes.

"I need a drink," I announced.

Grabbing a wine glass from the cabinet, cleaning it out. Pouring wine into my glass, from the opened bottle for the countertop.