TWENTY-FIVE

Chapter Twenty-Five| Cassidy

Last night has to have been one of the weirdest nights of my life. After Sunlyn explained everything to me, I kind of felt like I'd been in a movie. While leaving Dario's house, I felt Theo's intense gaze while Sunlyn and I entered the car. I was driving to Sunny's apartment first, to grab some things before driving to the safe house. In the car, she explained to me why we are in a real-life action movie. 

An amazing country-style home, secluded from everything and everyone else.  Sunlyn and I were pretty much alone for the rest of the night in this large house. Except for the guards placed around the property. She was pretty quiet on the drive over here and throughout the night. She climbed into my bed last night as well, I just assumed she missed Dario.

But, even this morning something was off with her.

I watched her as she stared into space for the last fifteen minutes, picking at her food. "Sunlyn," I call.

She hums. "Are you going to tell me what's wrong? Or will I have to beat it out of you?" I smash my fists together, trying to make her laugh.

She gives me a slight smile, then it fades away. She sighs, "When Nathan first told you he loved you, how did you feel?"

I give her a confused look before it clicked. "Did Dario tell you he loved you?"

She takes a deep breath, "He did."

"Woah, what did you say? Did you say it back?"

She scratches the back of her neck.

"Sunlyn," I breathe out. "You didn't say it back."

"I was in shock," she pleaded. "He just sprung it on me in the middle of sex, it scared the shit out of me."

"So, that was it, he just said it during sex and never said it again."

"Well, he said it again after. Like he really meant it."

"Oh, well," I sigh. "Do you love him back?"

"I do," she smiles. "I do."

"So why the fuck didn't you say it back?"

"I don't know, I was just taken off guard a-and... you know I'm not good at sharing my feelings," she places her face in her hands.

I rub her back and she continues, "He's probably so pissed at me and he hasn't come back yet."

"It's okay, sweetie."

Theo nor Dario have been to the house yet. Is it bad to say that I miss Theo? That I hope that he's safe. I kind of went off on him after the attack. I just hope that I get to speak with him before I go back to New York, in a couple of days.

...

Dario

The room reeks with the smell of blood. With the swift work of one of my men, we were able to track down one of the guys that decided to shoot up my house.

Sergio handles the hostage, the best way he knows how. Beating the shit out of him. I twist the rings on my fingers and smirk thinking of Sunlyn. She always played with my rings, especially when we were on dates. My hand in her lap, her mindlessly twisting them. She had no idea, how much it calmed me down.

"I'm not saying shit to any of you," our hostage groans through his bloody mouth, taking me out of my daydream.

Growing restless of how 'bitchy', this motherfucker is being. I didn't think I would have to get my hands dirty with him. Standing from my chair, and putting my hands in my pants pocket. Signaling to Sergio, I can take it from here.