SEVENTEEN

Chapter Seveteen| Sunlyn

It's almost Christmas, and I couldn't be more excited. The last couple of days have been quite eventful. After talking to Mrs. Archibald about my relationship with Dario, I can't get her voice out of my head.

"So, at the end of the day, if you choose yourself over him, don't feel guilty."

As do the words of Theo.

"I have nothing against her, but ever since then, I've always kept a close eye on her."

Honestly, I've just been trying to bury the thoughts I've been having. And just focus on the good in my life. Dario has had his mind set on me spending Christmas with him and Theo. Tree decorating with them is probably one of the funniest things I've ever been a part of.

"Theo, we have to put on the lights first," Dario scolds Theo for trying to put on an ornament.

"If you would just let me take the lights out of the box already, then I wouldn't have started putting on ornaments," Theo responds.

I hear them bickering in the living room from the kitchen.

"I'm waiting for Sunlyn, you idiot."

Picking up the tray of hot cocoa I decided to make for us while we decorate, "Alright, I'm here, we can start now before you two bite each other's heads off."

Theo practically dives to the boxes of lights before Dario can get it, "Finally. And thanks for the hot cocoa, sis."

I turn on some Christmas carols and we get to work. Dario already hired workers to decorate the outside of the house, they were going to do the tree as well. But, I felt it would be better if we decorated it ourselves.

After nearly an hour and a half, we completed it.

"It looks amazing."

"Yes, it does darling," Dario pulls me into his side and kisses my forehead.

"Frankly I think it would look better if it was just me and Sunlyn decorating it. But, you can't get everything you want for Christmas," Theo says walking towards the kitchen with his mug in his hand.

"I swear one day, I'm just going to murder him."

I definitely enjoyed myself.

Right now, I'm preparing for the Christmas Eve ball, that is taking place tomorrow night. I've already got my dress, and Daniel has already scheduled my appointments for hair and make-up.

Yesterday, Mrs. Archibald recommended that Dario and I should go together. This was weird to me considering, she was just telling me to keep it professional in a work setting. And let's not forget her word of warning as well. I agreed though, I'm ready to be in a public relationship again. I just want this to be a smooth holiday season, that's all a girl can ask for.

...

Dario

"Sir, he's been quiet. No meetings with partners or sudden trips overseas," one of my men spoke.

"You think he is finally done with his crap," Sergio asked. Pierce is always scheming, I doubt he has just suddenly given up. Even if he has with the shit he's been pulling, I'm not just going to let him off the hook.

"Keep a watchful eye out on him, I'm afraid he is up to something," I spoke. After a quick conversation, I quickly dismiss them. Sadly, Theo and Sergio decided to stay around.