SIX

Chapter Six| Sunlyn

"And that will conclude our meeting," A female chair member spoke up.

I launch up out of my chair, lightly moving past every figure in the room. Not making eye contact with a certain person. Before Dario could follow me, Mrs. Archibald stopped him to converse with some of the other co-workers. I swiftly move into my office, slowly close the door, and rest my head on it.

'Sunlyn, don't freak out, you are going to be okay,' I say to myself.

Two slow knocks hit my door. I stopped for a second because I thought it was just in my head, like one of those weird deja vu moments. Then, the phone rings and I slightly jump, what the hell, it's like the intro to a scary movie in this place. I walk over to the phone on my desk and answer it.

"Mr. Knight is standing outside your door, Ms. Carter," Daniel whispers.

"Thank you, Daniel. I'll get right on that," I speak back trying to sound as calm as possible. Moving back to the door, I open it and I'm greeted by a very neutral Dario. My god, he looks sexy.

NOPE NOPE, I can't think about that.

"We need to talk, darling," he spoke. I let him in and moved toward the front of my desk. He closes the door behind himself and locks it.

"Um, what are you doing?" I ask. He closes in on me looking into my eyes like he is trying to read me. I finally get a closer look at him since that night, I could see a stubble growing on his face.

"Why did you leave that morning?" he asks ignoring my question.

"I had places to be, I'm a very busy woman," I say turning my head to the window, adverting my gaze to anything but him.

He lightly grabs my chin, and makes me look at him. "what's the real reason?"

"I felt like I overstayed my welcome."

He doesn't say anything. I move his hand off of my chin.

"None of that even matters anyway,-" Letting out a sigh, "let's just forget that it even happened. Start over, because I came here to work." I say while pushing his chest back a little so he would move back. But, he doesn't even move an inch.

"I came here to work as well." He says as he walks over to my desk chair and sits down.

Now, he decides to move.

"So, get out of my office, I don't mean to be rude. But, I just got this job and I don't need to give my boss any reasons for her to question giving me this job. " I say crossing my arms over my chest.

He stays seated. "I understand," He says. "Go on a date with me?"

"Did you not just hear what I said," I say.

"I did" he gets up, and ushers his way to me. "But, I don't care."

"Whatever, we're not going any further with us," I spoke.

"Really?" he looks at me sideways. I nod, "Okay."

"Okay?" I wondered.

He pauses, putting his mouth closer to my ear. "If you don't want this, then that's fine. But, I won't forget that night, the sweetness in your moans, the taste of your tongue-" wrapping his arms around my waist. "-the tightness of your pussy, its unforgettable, darling."

He speaks up.

"Have a great first day, darling."

My god, why does he have to be so fucking charming.

...

Chapter Six| Dario

Sunlyn

For the last couple of days, all I've thought about was her.

I sit down in my office chair reminiscing about our time together.

Seeing her in my restaurant that night, she was so fucking beautiful. I was just there for a meeting with a client of mine. Being a senior member of my godmother's company, I also invest in many bars, clubs, and restaurants around the country.

After he decided to cancel on me, I decided to get a drink. Not knowing different my night would've turned out. Her smile lit up the entire place, and her laugh was like music to my ears. And the sounds she makes during sex, make me want to fuck her any chance I get.

I swear after I came out of the shower that morning, I thought she was just a figment of my imagination. Until I overheard my gardeners speaking about a woman leaving the house, very quickly. I questioned them about her, but I was too late by then. I hadn't had many women over at my house since I'd lived there. So, she was definitely the gossip among my house staff.

And seeing her today, in that black dress, made my dick stand up. Everything about her is so captivating, all this time my godmother spoke of a woman so brillant not knowing it would be the woman I've become so obsessed with.

After seeing her again, I was going to make her mine.

...

Sunlyn

"He's your boss's godson," Cass says in shock.

"Yup," I say back to her laying down on my bed.

After this morning's 'talk' with Dario, I hadn't seen him much for the rest of the work day. I just assumed he had meetings or something. I spent the rest of the day speaking with my new clients in my office and then, saying goodbye to Mrs. Archibald, who had to get back running things in New York. Now I'm sitting here on my bed, eating chocolate ice cream and talking to Cassidy about my reintroducing with Dario.

"Then, he had the nerve to ask me on a date," I tell her.

"He asked you to go on a date with him?"

"Are you just going to keep repeating everything I say to you?" I ask

"Wow, see I told you London would be a new chapter for you. Your life is like one of those early 2000s rom-com movies." She laughs.

"Cass I'm very happy you find this entertaining when it isn't good at all."

"Oh come on, Sunlyn lighten up a little bit. What could be wrong about having relations with this guy." She says

"Um, I don't know everything, Mrs. Archibald could rethink giving me this position. And I'm not going to compromise a promotion, I worked very hard for," I sigh.

"Okay, maybe you are right about that. So, if he didn't work there you would at least go out on a date with him then?" Cass questions me

"Um maybe I don't know, it's complicated. I barely know him, we had one conversation that led to sex. I don't think that really means that much."

"Oh shut up, the whole point of a date is to get to know someone. And for him to ask you out, even after your one-night stand, means that he is putting in the effort to form something more with you." Cass says.

"Why did I have to pick such a smart ass for my best friend?"

"You know you love me, xoxo gossip girl," Cassidy quotes and we both start laughing.

"You are so freaking corny." I laugh.

After a while of talking, I hang up the phone and reflect on our conversation. As much as I am attracted to Dario, I came here to work. He was just supposed to be someone I could blow off some steam with. Nothing more.

It's that simple.

So why the fuck can't you stop thinking about him, Sunlyn.

...

<3