TWENTY-SEVEN

Chapter Twenty-Seven| Dario

The meeting was a success. After about two hours of my men and I trying to play off the fact that we knew, Sergio was a rat. And he ate every piece of it up, like the idiot he is. That was right before we caught him.

"And with the rest of the people I have cleaning up my home, I would like to have heavy security on my woman, Sunlyn..." I spoke.

"As well as Cassidy," my brother added.

I smirked at him and shook my head, "Yes, as well as Cassidy."

"Before I end this briefing, I would like to.." A cell phone rang, interrupting me. Now, my men know better than to have their ringers on, when I'm talking.

Sergio slipped his phone out of his pocket, answering it before looking up to see everyone in the room staring at him. But, he seems to not be bothered, going on with his conversation without a care in the world. Theo looks at me, with an upset face, a face he usually brings out when he's ready to kill somebody. 

Sergio then hung up the phone and turned to me, "You can continue."

Everyone turned to see my reaction, I took a deep breath, knowing that I can't kill him now. Because I need answers.

"Excuse me," I spoke.

"I said you can continue," he retorted. 

I smirked and even chuckled a little bit, "You know you surely have a lot to say, Sergio. Anything you want to share with us."

He looked at me confused as ever. 

"You know my woman, she is all about sharing. Want me to open up more, and do a whole bunch of other shit, women like to do. But, with me being the man that I am, I could care less about that stuff. I like to keep everything to myself. Even if it means I have to hide and sneak around if needed. I'm sure you understand where I'm coming from. Right?"

He scoffs, "No, I don't know what you're talking about." 

"Oh, so you haven't been betraying everyone in this room? These fine men, who used to work under a snake like you."

His face drops as two of the men placed behind me raise their guns at him. 

"I saw you as a brother, we all did. All for you to go and follow behind Pierce, of all people." I wave my hand to signal my men over, "Take him to the warehouse, I will meet him there shortly." They came over and grabbed him up roughly. He protested a lot while being taken out of the room. After the door closed I shifted back to the meeting.

"Let this moment be a lesson to all of you never go against this organization or me. Am I clear?"

"Yes, boss," they all answered in unison. I stood up from my chair, dismissing the meeting.

Betrayal is something I've gotta used to. But, I can say that seeing this from Sergio of all people surprised me. When I left that life, I trusted him to look after my younger, despite all of Theo's protests. I saw him as a brother, so this kind of hit home for me. But, the hardest part of it all, was that I still don't understand why he would do something like this. 

Sitting in front of him, in a steel chair. While another one of our men lands multiple punches to his bloody face. His grunts fill the room each tie Theo commands him to hit Sergio again. "That's enough," I called out. The man shakes away the obviously growing pain on his bloodied knuckle, stepping away from Sergio, giving me a better view of him. His hands were tied to a metal pole above him, his feet merrily two inches above the ground. His feet swung, anxious to touch the floor, while he gasped for air, through his nose, after the assault that was just done to his face.