EIGHTEEN

Chapter Eighteen| Sunlyn

"So, this is the tramp that Archibald was telling us about?" Mrs. Scott said to another worker sitting at the bar.

"Isn't she the new girl that she hired, not too long ago?" the other woman asked.

"Yup, I don't understand what Dario sees in her?"

Do these bitches really think I don't hear them? I just came over here to get a drink, but of course, I can't simply enjoy myself because people don't know how to mind their business. Why are they worried about me and Dario, they are too old to be acting like this. Mrs. Scott is dressed in a tight leather body con dress, she looks like she can't breathe. The other in a long-sleeved fur gown, I don't know what bear she killed to wear that. But, r.i.p. to him. Both of their faces filled with botox, from their cheekbones to their lips. Looking like they could burst at any minute.

"Can I have an Apple martini?" I asked the bartender. He nods his head in response, getting to work on my drink.

"I seriously don't understand what he could want with this black bitc-."

I turn my attention to these old ass bitches, "I don't know what problem your old asses have with me. But, since you have so much to say about me, why don't you get it off your chest now since I'm here."

They went silent.

"Now, no one has anything to say." I sigh, "Dario and I's relationship is none of your business. So, I don't want to hear shit about it from any of you. Y'all are too damn old to even be worrying about me in the first place."

The bartender brings me my drink, I mutter a 'thank you' his way. Before taking a sip and continuing to read these bitches. "And if you have a problem with my race or with the way I look or dress."

"Enjoy the party," I then tip the bartender. And walk back to where Dario and Theo were standing. They were in conversation with one of Dario's investors before Dario noticed my presence. Snaking his arm around my waist, and smiling down at me.

"Darling, this is Matt Laminhoff, I invest in two of his clubs in Ibiza. Laminhoff, this is my woman, Sunlyn Carter." Dario introduces us.

Mr. Laminhoff sticks his arm out for me to shake, "It's nice to meet you, Ms. Carter."

"It's nice to meet you as well," I shake his hand.

Laminhoff is an older white man, who looks like he is in his late fifties. His green eyes are very prominent, and he is about my height while I'm in heels. So about 5'11, for me I can look directly at him. But, Dario has to look down. "I heard your friend, Pierce, was creating a name for himself again in investing."

I felt Dario's body stiffen around me, "What are you insinuating, Laminhoff?"

He just had to ruin the vibe.

"You could have some new competition on your hands," he sipped his drink.

"Yeah, just remember who writes those checks at the end of every month. Would be a shame if they just stopped coming," Dario retorted.

Mr. Laminhoff's smile faded slightly. Of course, Theo lets out an unimpressed laugh. After that disaster of a conversation, the party was pretty lively. I stayed with Dario for most of the night. Occasionally, talking with Daniel and some of the people when I'm at work. Talking with them made me realize how much I miss Cassidy. I haven't talked to her in a minute, I've been such a bad friend. She is probably going through so much right now, and I have just been M.I.A.