TWENTY-THREE

Chapter Twenty-Three| Cassidy

"Hey baby," Dario greeted Sunlyn pulling her in for a quick kiss as we entered the front door. I look away, fixing the bag strap on my shoulder. Looking back up at the two lovebirds, Dario's still planting kisses all over Sunlyn's face, as she giggles at his actions. I clear my throat to make sure they know I'm still in the room.

"Dario stop," She playfully spoke and places her palm on his chest.

He grins at her, slightly turning his head when he notices my presence. Clearing his throat, "Cass, how rude of me." He sticks his right hand out for me to shake, the other still wrapped around Sunlyn's waist. 

I shake his hand. "It's fine," I smiled.

"How was your dinner?" he asked me.

"It was lovely, Sunlyn couldn't stop talking about you," I exaggerate.

"No I wasn't," she laughed.

"It's okay, baby. If you missed me you could have just said that." Dario said.

"See, what you just started," Sunlyn points at Dario and I laughed. Sunlyn has had some horrible boyfriends over the years. I've seen her shed tears over those idiots, I'm glad she has someone who truly cares about her. Especially since she's over here now.

A man walks down the front steps, heading to Dario. I believe his name was Sergio, remembering his face from the other night. He signaled Dario over like he needed to talk. "I'm gonna go with Cass to the guest room," Sunlyn spoke up giving Dario a chance to speak with Sergio.

He lightly nodded before kissing her cheek. Sunlyn and I walked up the grand stairwell, heading into one of the rooms. It's pretty late, so we decide to change into sleepwear. Putting on my headscarf, securing my knotless braids under it. Fixing the strap on my nightgown that keeps coming off my shoulder. Walking out of the bathroom, seeing Sunlyn in an all-black cami-top and shorts.

"Movie night in the living room right now, I've set up some snacks for us down there so let's go." She stomps her foot down and points to the door.

"Okay, okay woman, I'm coming." Setting my bag down on the floor near the bed, heading to Sunlyn, who is at the door.

Going back downstairs to the gorgeous living room. Floor-to-ceiling windows, giving a great view of the backyard.  Great furniture display, mini library to the other side of the room, and a giant television. Sunlyn and I both sat down, looking through the wide selection of movies. Selecting one of our favorite movies.

We could never be focused throughout the movies, always cracking jokes and laughing like it's the funniest thing we've heard. Like now, Sunlyn giggles at how hard Hulk is kicking Thor's ass in one of the scenes. Then, there's me laughing at her giggling. After the movie is over, Sunlyn reaches for the remote. "Okay, what's next."

I grab the remote out of her hand, "How about you finally go upstairs to Dario, who is probably sulking over you not being in his bed, right now."

She looks at me confused, "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about that look on your face, that shows me you want to be upstairs, in his bed, right now."

"W-what," she shakes her head. "Are you some kind of wizard or something?"

"I kind of have this sixth sense and can tell when people are horny. I consider it a gift, but if you consider it wizardry, then yeah." I shrug my shoulder.

"Well, you and your sixth sense can go to hell. I'm staying and enjoying movie night with my best friend," she crosses her arms over her chest and leans back in the chair. "Find another movie."