beautiful

Laila POV

My chest  tightened as I felt her sharp words tear me apart emotionally. I felt tears brim at the sides of my eyes as I felt embarrassment  wash throughout me.

Maybe I looked ugly before her...

I shook my head internally as I felt a lump grow in my throat before gulping it down speaking again. "Um.. ma'am what do you mean?" I tried convincing myself what I was thinking wasn't true.

"Um..how do I look ma'am?" I rubbed the back of my head nervously as I convinced myself that I didn't look bad at all.... maybe she's moo...

"Like a slut...I fucking needy slut wanting to be fucked anytime and surprisingly without charge..." My ears wormed for a brief second as every single word tore through me in bids.

"Look at how you are dressed Laila...you look like you are going to a bar early this morning."I stared down at my clothes and they looked okay to me but I guess they weren't.

Realization hit me widely as I felt a shamed of myself especially the way I looked. Tears threatened to fall but I didn't know if it was because I was offended or just because of shame

I looked up at her and her eyes were roaming up and down my body but lingered most  at my curves.

I cleared my throat making her eyes meet mine before apologizing. "I'm sorry ma'am...I won't wear like this around here...if that's all I would like to leave you for now."

She searched my eyes for a second before nodding as a sign of agreement.

I fixed my posture before I turned to leave trying to calm myself down from breaking down infront of her but again she spoke up making me stop in my tracks .

What now?

"Next time wear something not revealing Miss White."

Okay I get it....will you shut up.

"Yes ma'am." I turned around and  fake smiled at her before walking  out of her office on the verge of breaking down. 

But was she really worth my tears?.... nope

I had got used to words towards me by now and they didn't have that much impact on me like before but this hurt a little bit more .

I had been called many times a slut in many ways  but hearing it from her from a bad review just stung my heart a bit.

I sighed before shaking my head so I can flip her words off me before walking to my office so I could make her today's schedule.

I had a long day to go and I couldn't let her words affect me right now.

I slammed my office door and plopped down in my chair and sighed.

I grabbed my phone from my purse before checking out my social media statuses but they were all crap.

'Alexis Cooper followed you' I rolled my eyes before scrolling down looking for something interesting for a few five minutes before going to work making her today's schedule that was full of thunderous meetings here and then and I'm required to be in each one as her personal assistant... it's my duty.

(2 hours later)

I knocked on my boss's office reminding her of the meeting we were having in five minutes.

I entered and stood just a good distance away from her desk gaining her attention but didn't avert her eyes from her laptop.

"Ma'am we have a meeting with Miss. Smith in 5." She hummed as a reply still looking at her laptop.