question.....

Laila's POV

I smiled brightly walking towards Skylar who had Luca in her arms. Luca beamed brightly as he tried moving his body up and down but Skylar held a firm grip on him her loving eyes not sparing mine all the way to her.

In no time I stood infront of her then leaned in and kissed Skylar on the cheek my lips lingering there longer than usual before retreating but not forgetting to whisper. "You like my surprise?" I whispered making Skylar humm.

"You gave me quite a beautiful surprise but why though baby?" Skylar continued making me bit my lip shrugging my mind drifting off to the other real reason why I came. I had the need to jack off today's stress on my mind so I thought I could come and see her maybe she would have a solution to everything .

" Maybe because we missed you more than usual  besides you left home pretty early." Skylar smiled back but I could see the hidden mischievousness in her eyes making me smirk in return crossing my legs.  

She nodded before averting her gaze to Luca who was staring at the floor beneath us lazily before  ruffling his hair then shifted him to her other hand and whispered gaining his attention. "Pumpkin what are you thinking about?"

My eyes dragged across the two noticing their similarities in appearance and if not by caution you could think Luca is a little brother of Skylar because they were just print outs of each other in different genders at different time intervals.

"Mommy, can I ask the question now please?" Luca said gaining my attention from the enthusiastic thoughts I had running in my mind left to right. "Sure what is it?" I nodded giving a side glance to Skylar who returned it immediately as Luca went to thought.

After minutes of silence around us , Luca finally voiced out. "Mommy and Momma is it fine if we go visit my grandma and grandpa?" My breath pattern froze up a few seconds as I tried to take in the question. I could feel my heartbeat picking up a bit as my throat went dry.

My gaze never leaving Luca who was eyeing between the two of us before I side glanced Skylar to see her reaction but she was blank though there was some easily seen terror in her eyes. I cleared my throat knowing it was definitely me who had to clear up the situation.

I ran a hand through my hair before letting out a light chuckle trying to think of a lie but Luca beat me up to it again stopping my thoughts from going wild.

"I really really really want to see my grandma and pa Momma. " Luca pouted as he continued explaining more of his perspective but neither did the two of us let out a word.

Maybe we didn't know what to say to him .....

I didn't know of a way to tell my baby that I don't have my parents and that they are dead.

Whereas for Skylar's case it wasn't predictable. For the years I have known her, I have never heard her mention her family but maybe.....

They might be dead just like mine.

"Luca-um" I whispered breaking the silence between us gaining Skylar's attention before going for Luca in her arms so she can give him to her and she gladly did.

"You see baby, my parents are um" I whispered nervously settling him down on top of Skylar's well polished mahogany desk and in no time she was standing next time me her hand rubbing my left arm up and down in comfort and assurance.  "They are what mommy?" Luca whispered furrowing her brows in wonder and curiosity. His little eyes drifted from from one to another as he waited patiently for us to clear the atmosphere.

I stole a glance from Skylar before brushing some strands of hair out of Luca's face so that I can see his eyes. I guess I just have to say it.

"I'm really sorry baby but they are de- definitely not around this place that's why you can't see them pumpkin." Skylar interrupted me making me look at her for a brief second not understanding why she lied to Luca but nonetheless  never tried to clear the lie.